We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

california
Level Contributor
540 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

My DH and I are coming to Ireland May 9-19. We've booked our first few nights in Dublin, Kilkenny and Cashel. Then winging it for the rest of our time, calling a day or two ahead for accommodation so we can keep our days flexible. We have booked our final night in Ireland at the Oakwood Arms in Shannon for a morning flight to Edinburgh the next day.

My thought is to possibly stay 2 nights in Ennis before Shannon to see Loop Head, Cliffs of Moher, the Burren, etc. We have a hawk walk booked at Ailwee on May 18 in the afternoon. Will Ennis be very busy with preparations for the music festival?

I also would like to know if there is a self service laundromat in Ennis? Or a laundry service that could have clothes done in one day or overnight?

Tony? Bannergirl? You're always so helpful. :)

Edited: 28 April 2012, 10:51
Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

Hi again Calsand, I had a look around today and the last of the coin operated places has closed down.

However, I did notice that Fergus dry cleaners in Parnell Street Car Park has a launderette as well. It looks like you leave in the bag of clothes and they do it for you, which might suit you while you are heading off for day trips:-)

Edited: 06 May 2012, 21:45
Kansas City...
Level Contributor
104 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

I will be in Ennis on the 22nd to fly out of Shannon the next morning. Will there be any activities going on for fleadh nua on the 22nd? I tried to look online but was not finding anything..

Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Loughrea, Southport, Clifden, Connemara
Level Contributor
18,384 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

There will be lots going on including Pub Sessions but this list will be published in true Irish fashion, when someone gets round to it!!

california
Level Contributor
540 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

Thanks, bannergirl, I appreciate you checking that out for me. It definitely sounds like a good option!

Ennis, Ireland
Level Contributor
4,025 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

t_rose, guaranteed there will be sessions in most of the pubs around town.

Some of the organised events are shown on here:

http://www.fleadhnua.com/index.php/events

However, the best craic will be had in the more casual trad sessions around the town.

16. Re: How busy/crowded will Ennis before the fleadh nua?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:48
Get answers to your questions about Ennis