We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

Hi,

We will be finishing our road trip of the Western side of Scotland on the weekend of July 10th and I believe this is the same weekend that this festival is on. I am thinking this is going to create a lot of traffic?? Where abouts in Scotland is the festival? Our journey from Scotland to Manchester will be mainly driving down the A82 (I think it is). We can return on either the Sunday or the Monday - which do you think would be better? AN extra day holiday would be nice and to be stuck in hours of traffic not nice....

Thanks

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,559 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

Don't worry you will be well away from the festival and any related traffic ;-)

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
502 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

http://www.balado.co.uk/location.php

You are on the correct side of the country to avoid all the traffic if you are using the A82

Wilmslow, United...
Level Contributor
1,210 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

Oh thats good news. We were thinking of heading home via Loch Ness. WIll we still be ok?

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Scotland
Level Contributor
7,742 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

You won't notice any festival traffic up there. T in the Park is near Kinross which is just north of the central belt.

There will be increased traffic between Glasgow/Edinburgh and Kinross. Nowhere near Loch Ness.

The Stunning...
Destination Expert
for Scottish Highlands, Crete
Level Contributor
20,559 posts
335 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

If you are visiting Loch Ness I would still head for home via the A82 just in case you get caught up in festival traffic on the A9 around Perth.

6. Re: T in the Park Festival Weekend - Traffic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 19:48
Get answers to your questions about Fort William