We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free Beer

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
1,472 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten Free Beer

I'll be coming to Scotland on a golf trip next week, staying a few nights each in Glasgow, St. Andrews, and Aberdeen. I was wondering if there are any gluten free beers that might be widely available in those communities. Thanks

Number 16
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, European, British, Scottish
Cafe Strange Brew
₹₹ - ₹₹₹, Cafe, British, Scottish
Bilson Eleven
₹₹₹₹, British, Scottish
4 replies to this topic
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
760 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free Beer

There are a number of Gluten Free bottled beers readily available in the UK. Most supermarkets stock them, however the stocking of Gluten Free beers in pubs and bars is a bit more hit-and-miss.

I have not seen any Gluten Free draught ales anywhere yet.

Last year there was a newspaper article on the subject that you might find useful:

https://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybes…

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,001 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free Beer

In pubs or shops? For shops, there is a gluten-free Tennents lager (Gluten Free T), Celia Czech lager, Brewdog Vagabond and Daura Damm. All available in Tesco and probably Morrisons and possibly other stores. Other choices may also be available like a gluten-free Old Spckeled Hen, if you like a darker beer, but I can't recall actually seeing it.

Pubs and restaurants may be harder, but I think Wetherspoons now have a gluten-free beer and Vagabond would be available in Brewdog bars in Glasgow and Aberdeen.

Cobham, United...
Level Contributor
1,459 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gluten Free Beer

I spotted gluten-free Peroni in a supermarket the other week. Haven't seen it in a pub or restaurant yet though.

Edited: 06 August 2018, 19:07
Greenock, United...
Level Contributor
419 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gluten Free Beer

Certainly if you're in Glasgow and Aberdeen there are Brewdog pubs who do at least 1 gluten free beer.

Reply to: Gluten Free Beer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted