We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

Level Contributor
2 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

I need to catch a train from Glasgow Central and trying to figure out where to park , can anyone confirm that Oswald street car park has direct pedestrian access to Central Station? and if so where in Oswald street car park is the door/entrance that leads directly to Glasgow central train station?

Also anyone know how you pay? what are the options? thanks all in advance!

Edited: 05 August 2018, 06:40
5 replies to this topic
glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,363 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

I’m not sure it has an entrance directly into the Station!

For a start the Car Park is situated away down alongside Platform 15, the very last Platform, and so thus you would find yourself enter behind the Ticket Barriers, how would you get through to access the other Platforms!

Also you would have to be up on the 4th or 5th floor to be level with the Station.

It’s only a short walk of around 300 yds from the entrance of the Car Park in Oswald St to the entrance of the station at the bottom of Hope St and one Escalator flight up to Platforms 14/15

No idea of cost, but it’s NCP so isn’t cheap, probably around £2:50-3 per hour.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,363 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

Just checked NCP Website for the Car Park and absolutely no mention of direct access to the Station.

It’s £4 for the first hour btw, reducing the more hours you stay.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
248 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

There has always been access via platform 15 to the car park. At the risk of sounding cheeky Mr Mad, Google comes up with a TA thread from 2016 where a poster told you this !! I appreciate the entrance avoids the barriers, but so does the lift at the same platform.

abcrailwayguide.uk/glc-glasgow-central-railw…

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

I've parked in the Oswald Street car park and exited it onto Platform 15. To exit the station you need to pass through the barriers but if you show your car park ticket to the staff on the barriers and explain where you've come from they - in my experience at least - let you through.

glasgow scotland
Destination Expert
for Glasgow
Level Contributor
13,363 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?

Correction welcomed and noted.

I did recall something when writing that but at 13,000 posts I didn’t have time to check back through them all😂!

Reply to: Does Glasgow central direct access from Oswald st car park?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted