We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Red letter day at St Andrews.

Preston, United...
Level Contributor
154 posts
28 reviews
32 helpful votes
Red letter day at St Andrews.
Save

My daughter bought me a red letter day at St Andrews.

It is a 5 hour day including 18 holes with an ex tour pro. Has anyone ever done one of these?

It is valid until April 2023 but would rather play in the warmer months. Because the open is there in 2022 I think that might limit the availability. I have a choice of any of the courses to choose from but obviously would love to play the old course.

How long is the old course closed for play before and after the open and should I look at one of the other tracks also?

Thanks.

4 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
35,828 posts
62 reviews
198 helpful votes
1. Re: Red letter day at St Andrews.
Save

Umm

Have you considered asking direct -or getting your DD to ask direct

OR you or your DD looking at the T's and C's of the booking?

https://www.standrews.com/contact-us

You can probably 'phone from the UK as well as e-mailing.

Edited: 12 August 2021, 04:04
Level Contributor
113 posts
1 review
2. Re: Red letter day at St Andrews.
Save

My daughter’s roommate is a golfer and he recommends the New, Edyn, then Jubilee course but always Old Course- sometimes you can walk up and ask about cancellations and it works out.

Have a great time- such a kind gift!!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,817 posts
3. Re: Red letter day at St Andrews.
Save

"How long is the old course closed for play before and after the open and should I look at one of the other tracks also?"

Details of course closures for The Open are available on the St Andrews Links website.

East Neuk of Fife...
Destination Expert
for St. Andrews
Level Contributor
13,850 posts
178 reviews
149 helpful votes
4. Re: Red letter day at St Andrews.
Save

" would rather play in the warmer months "

Warmer often means wetter , July and August can often be very wet. Perhaps look at playing in May, June or September.

Reply to: Red letter day at St Andrews.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Andrews
Recent Conversations
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.