We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel near airport

New York
Level Contributor
117 posts
2 reviews
Hotel near airport

We are driving back to Edinburhg for an early morning flight to London. Our car is being dropped off at the airport and I thought that instead of staying in town, we could stay near the airport.

However, never having been to Edinburgh (we're staying there at the start of out trip five days earlier) I don't know if this is a good plan. Should we just go back into Edinburgh and bus back to the airport?

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,900 posts
1 review
1. Re: Hotel near airport

It's under 30 minutes from airport to the centre of Edinburgh and there's a bus service that runs 24x7. No need to stay anywhere near the airport

Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,653 posts
28 reviews
2. Re: Hotel near airport

Have a look at this recent thread on the topic. tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186525-i108-k28…

Inverness, United...
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
73 reviews
3. Re: Hotel near airport

Stayed at the Travelodge Haymarket last time we were flying from Edinburgh. The Airport bus left from the bottom of the road near haymarket station.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
120 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Hotel near airport

If you're returning a car to the airport the night before you fly, your best bet is probably the Airport Hilton.

I live less than an hour away by car from the airport (with no public transport), but if I have an early morning flight I quite often stay there just to avoid the hassle.

Upstate NY
Level Contributor
211 posts
176 reviews
5. Re: Hotel near airport

About 2 weeks ago, I stayed at the Airport Hilton for the very same reason - morning flight. Rooms are adequate, but windows hardly open and it was a very hot weekend so the rooms were unbearably stuffy. Food in the restaurant is pretty good. They have a shuttle that will take you to the terminal when you need to go. Can't beat the location and you can sleep in a little bit longer being so close to the terminal!

6. Re: Hotel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 December 2010, 10:48