We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park and rides during the Fringe

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Park and rides during the Fringe

I am thinking of using one of the Park and Rides during a 4 night stay during the Fringe in August - two of them, Straiton and Sheriffhall seem to allow overnight stays for that long but my worry is what happens if they're both full, thinking that there may be a lot of people using this option at this time of year. Does anyone know if they do fill up to capacity at busy times?

4 replies to this topic
Haddington, United...
Destination Expert
for Haddington, East Lothian
Level Contributor
5,737 posts
238 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park and rides during the Fringe

As I suspect this is a hire car, we have to ask the question why have you brought it to Edinburgh in the first place? There are all sorts of options to Get to Edinburgh by train, Plane or Bus. Then Hire a car for your onward journey. As to answer your question it is highly unlikely that the P&R's will be too full to get parked .

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
800 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park and rides during the Fringe

Lots of people use them to commute to work don’t think they’re likely to get full. If they did you could check Edinburgh council website to determine streets outwith paying zones.

Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park and rides during the Fringe

It's not a hire car, it's my own, and the reason I'm planning to drive is because half of my train journey from Liverpool would be courtesy of Northern who I'm not exactly full of confidence would get me to my connection given what's going on with them at the moment! Our park and ride at Liverpool South Parkway is generally full by about 8am each weekday which is why I wondered about Edinburgh. Thanks both for the information.

edinburgh
Level Contributor
170 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park and rides during the Fringe

Or park at the ferrytoll park and ride at inverkeithing. Takes about 25 30 mins to get in from there . Loads of parking never have a problem getting a space and the bus takes you over the forth road bridge

Reply to: Park and rides during the Fringe
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted