We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Bonshaw Tower

Champaign-Urbana...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Bonshaw Tower

My family and I are traveling to Scotland this August and we would like to visit Bonshaw Tower in Dumfrieshire. I can't find any information about visiting the Tower online. Can visitors see Bonshaw Tower, or is it off limits?

Thanks!

Caerlaverock Castle
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Castles
Drumlanrig Castle
Castles, Historic Sites, Art Museums
4 replies to this topic
Edinburgh
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Bonshaw Tower

I think it is privately owned - I note from the local planning register that they have applied to convert the tower into a wedding venue ? There is a Bird of Prey centre right beside it- you could contact them and see if there is access from there? http://www.birdofpreycentre.co.uk/

Champaign-Urbana...
Level Contributor
33 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Bonshaw Tower

Thanks you for the info! I have contacted the centre as you suggested and you are right. Thanks so much for your help!

Lockerbie, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Bonshaw Tower

Yes you can. Please phobne to arrange a visit time. Tel.: 01461500980. Chris Irving (Owner)

1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Bonshaw Tower

Dear Chris,

my husband Robert and I will be travelling to Scotland from Australia in July 2017. My maiden name is Irving and my family takes great pride in our association with Bonshaw and its very interesting history. My parents visited Bonshaw in the 80s but have now both passed away. I'm turning 60 this year and seeing Scotland and Bonshaw has been a life long ambition. Would it be possible to see the grounds and buildings for about 1 hour? We will be in Southern Scotland in the middle of the week commencing Monday July 10. A visit in the middle of the day on Wed or Thurs would be best for us but we are flexible with times and can easily change plans to suit your availability.

My email address is: suzanne@enviroease.com.au and phone number. +61 418862899

Thanks so much Chris

Suzanne Orme (nee Irving)

Reply to: Visiting Bonshaw Tower
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dumfries
More Dumfries Topics