We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hogmanay Ceillidh

Boston...
11 posts
Hogmanay Ceillidh

Hello! I'm looking for a fun, festive Hogmanay celebration, hopefully including a ceilidh, in Oban. I have booked accommodation and was planning to do the Skipinnish ceilidh, but have read they've closed and/or are under new management. Does anyone have information about whether the Skipinnish space will be doing a ceilidh for Hogmanay 2018 under their new management, if they're even open? And if not, is there another place around Oban I could look to bring in the new year? Thanks so much!

5 replies to this topic
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
43 reviews
1. Re: Hogmanay Ceillidh

Hi, what hotel are you staying in? Most hotels have a new year party going on and licensed till 3am. Last year at the Royal Hotel you were encouraged to bring your own bottle (spirits or wine) and a band played. My wife and I have a holiday home up in Oban and in previous years have attended organised 'street parties' in different locations near the sea front. Lots of pubs will close early so staff can go to parties.

Boston...
11 posts
2. Re: Hogmanay Ceillidh

This is wonderfully helpful, john m. Thank you very much. We're booked into The Perle hotel, but I'm going to check with the Royal about their festivities. I see in their website they do have a ceilidh band playing on the night, as well as a full Hogmanay package that's well worth a look. Thank you again!!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
43 reviews
3. Re: Hogmanay Ceillidh

The Royal Hotel is directly behind your hotel and won't have far to stagger back . Last Hogmanay 8 of us had a nice meal in La Blasta downstairs and entry to the shindig upstairs. Four of us might do the same thing this year. Due to local council cutbacks you're missing out on a street party.

Edited: 15 October 2018, 01:32
Boston...
11 posts
4. Re: Hogmanay Ceillidh

I'm sorted! Thank you so very much for your guidance. I did get in touch with the Royal but learned that their ceilidh is for residents of the hotel only this year. But the new proprietors of the Skipinnish Ceilidh Rooms (now called The View) are putting on a dance as well and I've booked into that. Hope you have a wonderful season, and thank you again!

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
249 posts
43 reviews
5. Re: Hogmanay Ceillidh

Hi Alexandra, that venue is only about 100yards from your hotel and if the four of us end up there, then I'll try and make contact.

Reply to: Hogmanay Ceillidh
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oban