We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Coffs harbour
Level Contributor
16 posts
Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Just a quick query please...

Looking at accommodation in Oban with easy pedestrian access to the ferry terminal. I've used google maps but the rail line seems to impede pedestrian traffic. Access by car seems straight forward but is there a path for non car users?

Many thanks

12 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
546 posts
1 review
1. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

No, no path.

The ferry terminal is perfectly accessible by the normal street system, which does include a bridge over the railway cutting, or access from the pier-end.

Coffs harbour
Level Contributor
16 posts
2. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Oh my... thank you so much for your prompt reply. I can now continue with my research.

Cheers

Warwickshire...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

walk past, or pop in. the Wetherspoons pub on the way for some cheap drink and.or food

Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
3,321 posts
63 reviews
4. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Normal pedestrian access from the town would be from Station Road, past McCaig's Warehouse, the Corryvreckan (Wetherspoons) and the Green Seafood Hut to the Calmac building. No need to go all the way round the street system to the railway bridge.

Coffs harbour
Level Contributor
16 posts
5. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Thanks for your information. The Trip Advisor platform and its contributors amaze me. I live on the other side of the world and can obtain information in a blink. And, more than I bargained for... I now know where to stop for refreshments as well. Thanks to you all.

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
43 reviews
6. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

The Pearl hotel is 100m from ferry terminal, the Royal Hotel is about 150m away, the Palace Hotel 150m, the Ranald Hotel is about 300m, the Columba Hotel is about 400m and the Regent Hotel is about 430m away.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
74,095 posts
478 reviews
7. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Access by foot is very easy. We walked to the ferry terminal almost every day when we stayed at the Royal Hotel, an dit was always a pleasure to take a quick look at the seafood hut. We had amazing sandwiches from there.

Dresden, Germany
Level Contributor
1,675 posts
23 reviews
8. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

I'll throw in The Lorne as a good place to eat & drink at reasonable prices. A few minutes walk from the ferry terminal.

https://thelornebaroban.co.uk/

Coffs harbour
Level Contributor
16 posts
9. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Thanks everyone for your information - sounds like we'll have a lovely time.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
3,994 posts
62 reviews
10. Re: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?

Here is a photo of the Pedestrian Access to the ferry terminal. Do look out for the war memorial to the ferrymen right in front of you when you go up the stairs to the first floor.

https://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/5214577

Reply to: Oban- ferry to Mull - pedestrian access?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Oban