We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What type of Weather to Anticipate

Temecula, California
14 posts
Save Topic
What type of Weather to Anticipate

We will be taking a bus tour of Ireland (Dublin to Dublin) in July with an overnight in Killyleagh.

We plan to visit Ballynahinch, Downpatrick and Castle Ward after the tour.

What type of clothing should we pack? Plan on bringing a raincoat and umbrella in my carry-on but what about packing things like hiking shoes, jeans and the like? Is it too cool to bring shorts/capris to wear with sneakers or sandals?

Just want to get my list whittled down!

Thanks in advance!

7 replies to this topic
Western Ireland...
Destination Expert
for Sligo, Charlottesville, Virginia, County Donegal
Level Contributor
21,266 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

Hi Cheryl,

Was up that way in Mid September & I was glad I had a few t-shirts / polo's & capris. Did the tour state / suggest you would be hiking /or to bring hiking shoes? I know it can be wet in the area & you might be able to just have water proof walking shoes with decent thread on the soles & broken in.

I frequently take the bus from Western Ireland to Dublin close to 4 hours travell time, and I usually wear yoga style stretch & a few layers (think comfort).

For night wear I have dark twill trousers and layers, I always have a waterproof hip length with hood rain jacket & light weight fleece gilet sleeveless with pockets, and comfortable slip on's that are well broken in.

I look at REI & Sierra Trading sites for items on sale.

I hope this info helps.

Kesh_grammy

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
4,345 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

Any type with temps between 5C and 25C.

Temecula, California
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

Is anyone able to advise if shorts or Capri pants are OK to pack for Dublin then Downpatrick in the next couple of weeks? Long and short-sleeve tops or heavy sweater?Jeans?

Thanks in advance!

London, United...
Level Contributor
10,871 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

Cheryl, nobody knows , weather in the British Isles is unpredictable and changeable. I’d probably have all those things with me if I was planning a holiday in the British Isles in July.

Temecula, California
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

Alright and thanks!

Level Contributor
440 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

how long is a piece of string?

weather in the UK is hard to predicate at the moment we are having hot sunny weather however in 2 weeks it could be pouring it down with rain

use the metoffice.gov.uk they are the UK's weather service

Temecula, California
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: What type of Weather to Anticipate

Awesome! Thank you so very much for providing the link!

Reply to: What type of Weather to Anticipate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted