We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

Coronado, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

Two years ago, my husband and I took the coach from Heathrow to Cardiff and we plan to do so again next Friday afternoon (Sept. 7). I'm assuming things are pretty much the same - wind through the airport til we find the coach departure point, purchase our tickets (since we don't know how long it will take to clear customs, etc. I'll just buy the tickets when we arrive), take a 3 hour nap til we get to Cardiff (except I'll be watching the countryside). My question actually pertains to arriving in Cardiff. Is the coach station still in Sophia Gardens? I thought a new station was being built. If we arrive in the same place as two years ago, fine. I know how to get to our hotel. But please let me know if it is somewhere else now. Looking forward to our return to your beautiful country.

6 replies to this topic
Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,294 posts
440 reviews
1. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

No change, Sophia Gardens even with pictures of National Express coaches on google earth

https:/…cardiff

Cambridge
Level Contributor
16 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

Hello,

I take it you're travelling by National Express? The coach station is still Sophia Gardens. All the best and have a lovely time, Wales (my home country) is gorgeous. If you get time explore North and West Wales. Absolutely stunning.

Kayls :)

Cardiff, Wales
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
48 reviews
3. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

Welcome back to Cardiff and Wales. Keep an eye on the weather forecast as we are being forecast a late summer heatwave for the time that you are here!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
72,667 posts
476 reviews
4. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

As th eothers have said, nothing has changed. A new bus station is supposed to be built. I read about it here:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/business/busin…

I don't know if there have been any further developments.

Coronado, CA
Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

Thank you for your responses and the welcome back to Wales. I had to smile at the warning of a possible late summer heatwave. When we were in Wales two years ago at the end of April, it snowed on us the first day and was cold the rest of the week! I've been following the weather reports lately but it's still a little hard to think about packing clothes for warm weather when I still remember freezing. Layers. That's what I will do and I'll be fine.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
330 reviews
6. Re: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff

National Express run coaches from London Heathrow central bus station and also do cover terminals 4 & 5

The website will give you some idea of how frequent the service is

It would be best to look at the website for coach times and depending on what time of day you are arriving there is normally a National Express booking desk, certainly by the central bus station and there is also a faceless ticket machine

Central Bus station is well signposted and is within easy reach of terminals 1, 2 & 3

Hope this helps

Reply to: Coach from Heathrow to Cardiff
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cardiff
Recent Conversations