We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pubs in easy reach of the town centre with play areas

Boston, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
pubs in easy reach of the town centre with play areas

Hi i wonder if anyone can help me, im due to be spending a weekend in nottingham shortly with the wife and kids (3 under 5s) and was wondering if there is any pubs with indoor/outdoor play areas within easy reach of the town centre as we will be using the trams and buses? the wife and I have been to nottingham a few times but have never had the kids with us, any help would be greatly received many thanks in advance.

Lee

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: pubs in easy reach of the town centre with play areas

Around Castle Marina, about a mile from the city centre is a pub/restaurant called the Waters Edge. It is a family place and has an outside play area. I went there on Saturday with my 2 year old niece and was welcomed.

There is also a nearby Beefeater place which welcomes families nearby. I'm not sure if it has a play area.

NCT Bus 13 and 14 (Destination Beeston) go near Castle Marina. Might be easier to get to in a taxi, not too expensive.

Near Wollaton Park is the Wheelhouse which welcomes families. Not sure about play areas but it is near Wollaton Park which is an excellent place to take kids. NCT Bus 30 or the Trent Barton Rainbow Two (Yellow buses) go to Wollaton Park from the city centre.

Hope this helps,

Brez

Edited: 18 April 2012, 02:31
Boston, United...
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: pubs in easy reach of the town centre with play areas

hi brez,

Thank you thats helped no end ;-) yes our main plan was to take the kids to wollaton park as they love nature and they will be blown away if they spot a deer, lol what facilities and activities is there to do at wollaton park?

I have seen the waters edge and weather permitting it looks ideal, thank you ever so much for your suggestions i will look in to the other pubs just in case.

Lee

Nottingham, England
Level Contributor
851 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: pubs in easy reach of the town centre with play areas

Hi,

Wollaton Park has got lots to entertain kids. It has a play area near the main entrance. It has an industrial museum, a massive lake to walk around and feed the ducks. Lots of space for them to run around. Wollaton Hall inside the park is impressive.

Check out www.nottinghamcity.gov.uk/index.aspx… for more details.

It is one of the better things to do with kids in Nottingham. I take my niece around there quite often and she loves it.

If your using buses at the weekend, you can get an NCT Group day ticket which covers 2 adults and 3 children for £4.

Check out www.nctx.co.uk

Brez

4. Re: pubs in easy reach of the town centre with play areas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 19:12
Get answers to your questions about Nottingham
Recent Conversations