We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public swimming pool with children

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
public swimming pool with children

Hi there,

We will be in Nottingham four days to visit family and I think our 2 year old boy will need some action during the day. I would like to know if there is a swimming pool where I could take him to play. One that does not require membership or anything like that and has an area for kids.

Do you know a place like that?

Thank you!

8 replies to this topic
Nottingham
Destination Expert
for Nottingham, Nottinghamshire
Level Contributor
405 posts
277 reviews
1. Re: public swimming pool with children

There is a very good pool at Bramcote on the west side not far from the university and several in the city. Where are you staying and I will try to help you further.

Nottingham
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
405 posts
277 reviews
2. Re: public swimming pool with children

Also for a two year old I am sure that the paddling pool complex on Victoria Boulevard by the river would be great in this warm weather! There is a nice playground nearby too.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
1 review
3. Re: public swimming pool with children

Victoria Leisure Centre is the most central one. It's very nice and has a fantastic pool and water play area for little ones. My 2YO keeps asking when we're going back.

Unfortunately it's very hard to find timetables online. I think they are as below, but this looks like the term time timetable, and access will be more open in the summer holidays. I'd suggest giving them a call to check when you want to go.

…nottinghamcity.gov.uk/leisureactivities/…

Bramcote Leisure Centre is also very good. As well as the main pool it has a small family pool (I think 1.2m deep) and a teaching pool (0.7 to 1m deep) that is warm for little ones. Sometimes they have foam toys out. Timetable here

https:/…

If you don't have a car, you can get the i4 bus there from the city.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,794 posts
1 review
4. Re: public swimming pool with children

P.S. in the same vein as post 2, traditionally kids love to get soaked running through the fountains in the Old Market Square

Lots and lots for kids to do in Nottingham - City Farm, Highfields Park, tram ride to playground on the Forest, feed ducks in the Arboretum, check out the windmill etc. etc.

Edited: 02 August 2018, 17:29
The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
5. Re: public swimming pool with children

Thank you! Our relatives' house is in Loughborough Road.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
6. Re: public swimming pool with children

Thank you all for your tips! Very much appreciated.

I will write back with our experience in a few days.

Nottingham
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
405 posts
277 reviews
7. Re: public swimming pool with children

The best pool for you is Rushcliffe Leisure Centre now known as Rushcliffe Arena which is in West Bridgford - it has a children’s pool,with slides etc. It is the West Bridgford area.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: public swimming pool with children

Thank you, that sounds great!

Reply to: public swimming pool with children
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted