Thank you very much for your suggestions in my previous post regarding what to do on the four days I have in the Peak District.
I would be grateful for feedback please on my suggested itinerary as I don't think I have filled up my days sufficiently (or maybe I have)?
Taking the wonderful advice I have received this is the suggested Itinerary:
Thursday 23rd August - arrive late afternoon
- Wander around Bakewell/leisurely afternoon
- Ashford in the Water (in the afternoon)
- Treak Cavern (I have already recently visited Speedwell Cavern)
- Return from there via Foolow and Eyam to see their Well Dressings
- Chatsworth House (but go early as soon as it opens)
- Small circular walk with pubs on - any suggestions please (all without the need to use a car starting and returning to Bakewell).
- Or happy to do something different however I think everywhere will be busy on this Sunday afternoon so trying to avoid driving.
Bank Holiday Monday
- Monsal Trail walk
- Travel home late afternoon
How easy is it to get a taxi please around Bakewell? The reason I ask is that some places are very near to Bakewell but just too far to walk and we may wish to have a leisurely afternoon, with a pint admiring the beautiful scenery (so I would leave my car at the B&B).
Thank you again for your advice.