We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay

Stretford, United...
Level Contributor
59 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
Places to stay
Save

Hi,

Can anyone recommend a nice hotel to stay bed and breakfast for 4 nights that will not be overpriced please?

13 replies to this topic
Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
81 reviews
142 helpful votes
1. Re: Places to stay
Save

I enjoyed my stay at the Dean Court.

What is your budget per night?

Sittingbourne...
Level Contributor
8,683 posts
11 reviews
15 helpful votes
2. Re: Places to stay
Save

Define “overpriced”? I second the Dean Court, but it’s not a budget hotel, and you will certainly pay a pretty penny to have one of the rooms overlooking the Minster. It does have arguably the best location in York though, and a very decent cooked to order breakfast selection, with a table next to a window overlooking the. Minster if you’re lucky. I’m booked to stay there in October, for the umpteenth time.

Edited: 12 August 2021, 19:10
Rutland, United...
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
81 reviews
142 helpful votes
3. Re: Places to stay
Save

I had one of those Minster view rooms. It was expensive but that is not the same as overpriced.

High Wycombe...
Level Contributor
278 posts
28 reviews
24 helpful votes
4. Re: Places to stay
Save

I have stayed at Dean Court as well

Very nice hotel

Yorkshire, United...
Level Contributor
7,352 posts
132 reviews
124 helpful votes
5. Re: Places to stay
Save

We've always had a decent stay at the park inn. Breakfast was extra but good..

Minutes walk from the centre.

Tring, United...
Level Contributor
6,225 posts
116 reviews
65 helpful votes
6. Re: Places to stay
Save

I enjoyed staying at The Judge's Lodging on Lendal - not cheap, no a/c due to being a listed building, but some large rooms with period furniture - it's about halfway between the Rail Station and the Minster.

Southport, United...
Level Contributor
2,904 posts
152 reviews
322 helpful votes
7. Re: Places to stay
Save

We always stay at The B+B, great prices, fantastic Breakfast and great staff, its down a quiet side street with free off road parking and is only a ten minute walk to the city walls and if you sign up for their loyalty card before you book you get a free bottle of bubbly in your room.

York, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
35 reviews
23 helpful votes
8. Re: Places to stay
Save

What's your budget? York isn't a cheap place to stay, but without a budget we can't help you

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
5,916 posts
5 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Places to stay
Save

Also, when is this for?

As with many popular places, accommodation is heavily booked this summer and autumn, so what's left might well be the expensive and/or overpriced places.

Lincolnshire...
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
209 reviews
410 helpful votes
10. Re: Places to stay
Save

For somewhere cheaper, I've stopped in the Travelodge on Micklegate which is withing easy walking distance of all the main attractions. There is also a small Sainsbury's Local just across the road.

Alternatively there's also a Travelodge on Picadilly close to Clifford's Tower.

A bit further is the Travelodge at Layerthorpe.

Reply to: Places to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.