We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Premier Inn York south west

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
Premier Inn York south west

Hi

I am hoping to spend a few days in York for the first time at the end of August. I am on a limited budget and have found a great deal with Premier Inn York south west. How far is this hotel from the main attractions? Is there a park and ride into York?/

Any feedback is appreciated.

8 replies to this topic
Leeds, United...
Destination Expert
for Leeds, Bradford
Level Contributor
24,322 posts
378 reviews
1. Re: Premier Inn York south west

If you're thinking of the Premier Inn York South West, that's the one that's a few miles out of York on the A64 - nearer to Tadcaster. You might as well stay at home in Leeds if you're planning on booking that one.

There's also another Premier Inn on Blossom Street just around the corner from York train station, is that one available on your dates?

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
11,972 posts
449 reviews
2. Re: Premier Inn York south west

There’s actually 2 x Premier Inns on Blossom Street only a matter of yards apart snappily called “York City Central Blossom Street North” and York etc Blossom Street South. Both are 5 minutes walk from the Railway station, we have happily used South, but i’m sure there is little difference between them!

Norfolk, United...
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Premier Inn York south west

Askham Bar P&R is just off the A64. I've stayed at that PI a few years ago as I wanted somewhere close to the A1, but I wouldn't pick it as first choice for visiting York unless it's significantly cheaper. There is a MacD's and a fish and chip restaurant you can walk to, but anything else means getting in the car.

The A64 is a very busy road with traffic thundering past all night. At least they have aircon now, which they didn't when I stayed.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
126 reviews
4. Re: Premier Inn York south west

Just got back from a stay there. There are a number of York Park n Ride locations with as Post 3 says the nearest being Askham Bar. The bus stop if using the Coastliner Bus is just a few minutes away when returning from York. But the stop for the journey into York is about a mile away by Buckles Inn. We didn't have any problem with traffic noise. Comfortable hotel. You can get a meal deal that is worth checking out. Location is the reason it is cheaper than the other York Premiers

Edited: 06 August 2018, 20:48
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: Premier Inn York south west

What is the easiest way to get into York from premier inn York south west? We will be spending one day at the designer outlet and another day in York. Is it impossible to drive into York and park?

It works out approx half price in comparison to the other premier inn hotels in York.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
126 reviews
6. Re: Premier Inn York south west

Park n Ride is probably the best bet. Parking at St Georges car park is £13 for over 5 hours. NCP probably double that. Most street parking is short term only.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: Premier Inn York south west

Is there a park and ride pickup point near the premier inn south west? How much does it cost?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,465 posts
126 reviews
8. Re: Premier Inn York south west

As Post 3 notes there is a Park n Ride at Askham Bar P&R - just off the A64. Didn't use it but the sign/bus said it was free parking and £3.10 return. Not sure if that is per person. Probably info on internet

Edited: 08 August 2018, 00:51
Reply to: Premier Inn York south west
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about York
Recent Conversations