We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goth weekend

Manchester
Level Contributor
137 posts
12 reviews
Goth weekend

I’ve just booked a October half term and will be there for the goth weekend- something we have always wanted to do! And are after some advice.

We are going with young children, one of whom is a little mini goth herself and us so excited to see everyone dressed up! What is worth doing with them? How do we see what is on and what do we need tickets for?

I’ve looked on the website but there doesn’t seem to be much on there yet.

4 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
1. Re: Goth weekend

Events normally organised for Whitby Pavillion aren't happening this year.Organisers and venue are being very tight lipped as to the reason.This may explain why you have managed to get booked in !Don't worry though there will still be plenty going on.The Goths will still be there in their droves. They're a friendly good natured lot and willing to stop for a chat or a photo at the drop of a top hat.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Barnstaple, Robin Hood's Bay, Whitby
Level Contributor
5,161 posts
221 reviews
2. Re: Goth weekend

As Adrian D says much of the weekend’s popularity is that goths and cyberpunks are able to strut their stuff without issue around the town. A lot of people like a wander up to St Mary’s, which has a beautiful graveyard overlooking the harbour and sea.

Level Contributor
61 posts
1 review
3. Re: Goth weekend

Whitby Pavilion have now struck a deal to house "Tomorrow's Ghost Festival"with live music,film, theatre,and markets.It will operate over the Goth weekend.

Cockermouth, United...
1 post
4. Re: Goth weekend

The markets are definitely worth a visit, as is the website: www.whitbygothweekend.co.uk- this should be updated soon in regards to the itinerary for the weekend. When you get there, locate where the information kiosk is that is run by the event, as they are usually brilliant at giving advice. Don't worry. the weekend is really child and family friendly, but one thing I can definitely advise... the Abbey, and try a Ghost walk. My daughter loved it!

Have a good time and maybe see you there!

Reply to: Goth weekend
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Whitby
Recent Conversations