We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September TALF pub meets

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,232 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
September TALF pub meets

Time is rushing and we ought to be thinking of arranging some pub meets in September when I know we have a lot of TALFers in olde London towne.

Although Mick67 is sadly away, according to my notes Friday September 8th should see the following available:

ebaynme

Milovany

MT

nobodyhome

xplors

snickball 1

Holly 'n' hollywood

Arf68

littleredhead

susaragi

pjbail

Jack1066 & Red Savage

All others are welcome and hopefully a few locals will also be around which will mean we can hire the upstairs room at The Lamb pub in Bloomsbury at a nominal (£2 per adult) cost. The room is currently available and I have provisionally booked.

Please post below if you plan to attend and once we have enough (say 15) I can book the room and post final details.

Turning to later in the month the 23rd or 24th might work as I know Bedlace will have arrived and I think a few others are also likely to be in town so again please post below and we sort out a venue and more details nearer the time.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Geneva, Ohio
Level Contributor
66 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: September TALF pub meets

Count me in for the 23rd or 24th!

Linda

out & about
Level Contributor
435 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: September TALF pub meets

hi adam et al:

ive been saying we'll be in london from the 8th to 15th, but in actuality, we dont arrive till the 9th - 11:30 am at heathrow. we then leave for paris on the 15th. so, the earliest we can do it is sat. sept 9th, up to and including thurs. the 14th. sorry for any confusion.

a TALF meet would be the highlight of our trip, im sure, but i know youll choose a date based on when the majority are available. mr xplors and i may have to have a TALF meet for two, and cry in our beer...hehe

p.s. anninla will also be in london (staying at somerset bayswater, same as us). i believe her dates are sept. 5 - 13, and i know she would love to attend a meet as well.

Louisiana
Level Contributor
128 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: September TALF pub meets

I'll be in London then (Sept 5-13) and would love to come to the meeting! Please, please, please?? Uh, what do we do at the meeting?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,232 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: September TALF pub meets

Anninla,

Of course you are more than welcome. We talk and we drink and we talk some more and we drink some more... and before you know it is time to go home!

xplors,

Oh rats. I chose the 8th as I think some people are leaving on the 9th and I am likely to be working as well. We may have to arrange a private TALF later that week!

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
3,214 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: September TALF pub meets

I may or may not be in France on the 23rd and 24th. I won't know until later in Aug. Sept. 25th on would be good for me but pick a date when most people will be available. I'll be around for the meet in Oct.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: September TALF pub meets

i was just plucking up the courage to come to one of these but alas I am moving on from London town that week.

Will be moving home to Cornwall.

Maybe if you have TALF jolly to the South West I could help out with that!

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,232 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: September TALF pub meets

cornishpastie,

Are you around on August 27th? We have another smallish meet in the main bar at The Lamb on that evening.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: September TALF pub meets

Am working nights that night - that's why I might appear to be posting at weird times of day!

Nevermind - have a good evening.

Level Contributor
2,466 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: September TALF pub meets

I can confirm two for the 8th

Somerset, England
Level Contributor
2,476 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: September TALF pub meets

With a Guest List like that, I may try to get up there for the day again....