We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Leicster Square?

Boston...
Level Contributor
897 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Leicster Square?

I'm going to be seeing a play in that area and wondered what may be some good restaurants? There seem to be a lot to choose from!

Don't have any real price constraints...maybe not ridiculously expensive, though!

TIA

Cube

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

TRY WWW.TOPTABLE.CO.UK ooops...sorry.

There are so many - Chinese, Indian, French, English, etc etc

Narrow down your choice by cuisine, price, location.

I've tried recommending good places previously and then the poster comes back and asks "do they do burgers?". If they want a burger, why not say so at the start? Not getting at you, just explaining why I wont recommend somewhere without knowing the likes of the person.

Boston...
Level Contributor
897 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

Oh, not a problem! I didn't list a cuisine because I'm kind of open to anything...well except for Indian cuisine. I fear that would be too spicy for my travelling companion!

If anything I want to try things that I can't get at home!

(So no burgers & pizza for me!)

:-)

Seattle
Level Contributor
9,650 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

Cube: There are so many restaurants in and around Leicester Square that you might just want to take a walk around to check out all the menus -- but maybe do so a day before you're going to the theatre so you won't be late for the show.

Boston...
Level Contributor
897 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

That's an excellent suggestion, LeeB. There do seem to be an overwhelming number of choices, and I'll be in the area a few days before!

px
london
Level Contributor
855 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

Gabys... at 30 charing x road great salt beef sandwiches and some hot stuff etc. cheapish and cheerfull...or chinese there is imperial china in 25a lisle st. slightly north of the square tokyo diner on the corner of lisle st and newport place..been to all 3 and they are all good

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,288 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

The Ivy is great and only a short walk from Leicester Sq tube. It's VERY popular and getting a table is sometimes difficult but early dining (pre theatre) you can normally get a table.

You'll definitlely need to book and you can find out booking info and have a look at menus on www.caprice-holdings.co.uk

Virginia
Level Contributor
79 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

Hi Cubechick,

If you're interested in Italian at all, you may wish to check out Piccolo Diavolo at 8 Old Compton Street. See London Eating's description, reviews and map: http://www.london-eating.co.uk/4287.htm. We had dinner there a year ago, wandered in on a Sunday night in May, and it was fabulous. Sort of homey, so if you want celebs at the next table and glitz, this is not the spot. But we had a fantastic meal. Looks closer to Leister Square tube, although London Eating suggests Covent Garden. We stayed in CG, and walked.

Serena

Boston...
Level Contributor
897 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

Thank you all for the wonderful advice!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
2,170 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

We went to the best Chinese restaurant and they're opened until 3AM.

Mr. Kong

21 Lisle Street

London WC2H 7BA

020 7437 7341

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants near Leicster Square?

I second the Kongs recommendation for Chinese. Is busy but they pump people through quickly so tables come free often.

If you want something fairly formal then try Lindsay House on Romilly Street - Super British/Irish cooking from Richard Corrigan.

This is fine dining but they open from 6pm if this is early enough for pre-dinner.

I use www.timeout.com/london - I find the searches are little more flexible that some of the other sites. (Cuisine style/search by postcode or tube etc and filter by recommended or budget options)

But once you've zoomed in on one here you could check the other sites for deals.