We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

Michigan
Level Contributor
725 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

I'm flying in midday on Sunday, and was wondering whether anyone has been through terminal 4 international arrivals within the last week or so? How much of a disaster was it?

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

I heard most of the Olympic teams are arriving from Monday onwards, I should imagine it will be disaster free

Michigan
Level Contributor
725 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

That is my hope, Mathew, thank you. I will remain confident that it will be no more of a disaster than terminal 4 is on any given weekend.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,856 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

Your guess is as good as mine. T4 is normally pretty bad early on a Sunday morning with scores of North American and Asian arrivals but things usually ease by midday.

Unlike Matthew I have read that some teams will be arriving Sunday but again we don't know in which terminals and at what times and I wouldn't mind betting that Border Agency don't know either!

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

At least the approach road is now back in action......

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
783 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

I know this is after the event but I thought I would give my experience yesterday morning. Arrived at 6.25am T 4, out at baggage claim by 6.50am and onto the tube at 7am, so easy, seemed all the immigration counters were open, going at a fast pace..

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,856 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

Thanks Mary that is interesting to know - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18852034

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

THere was a spot on the BBC news last night interviewing people coming in for the Olympics through Heathrow.

All they got was people saying how quick it was quoting about 30 minutes and wondering what the fuss was about.

The story was then turned around saying if they came through in 30 minutes then the customs can't be doing their job properly and alluding that terrorists could easly slip through.

Honestly, when will the media start giving balanced news rather than headline grabbing. misinformation

8. Re: I'm coming back Sunday - so how bad will Heathrow be?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 11:45