We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

buckingham palace visit

Henderson, Nevada
Level Contributor
195 posts
296 reviews
Save Topic
buckingham palace visit

hi london experts, visiting in june with family. we want to take a tour of buckingham palace but also want to see a changing of the guard.

1) recommendations for buying tickets--should we buy in advance online, and if so what time slot should we buy assuming we want to watch an 1100 am guard change? should we buy from the official changing of the guard website or is there a better alternative?

2) what time should we get there?

3) how long does the palace tour take?

4) unrelated question: how long would you set aside for the british museum? could we do buckingham and british museum on same day or would you dedicate a whole day for the british museum? we def want to see the british museum, but since we have kids in tow, we don't necessarily need to study every exhibit in great detail.

thanks!!!

Nijmegen...
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: buckingham palace visit

Diamond can I suggest that you open a new thread? More people will see it that way. Welcome to the forum btw

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,070 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: buckingham palace visit

If the Diamonds exhibition is in the Palace, then I think you have to do it all at once. The tour took me about 1.5-2 hrs a couple of years ago but I didn't listen to everything on the audioguide. If the Diamonds exhibition is at the Queens Gallery then it is separate from the Palace tour. They wouldn't let me in early the day I went.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: buckingham palace visit

Yes, the diamonds are in a room about halfway through the palace tour. You are shepherded through rooms in order. Allow at least 90 mins.

Once you leave the building proper, you will still need at least 5mins to walk through the garden to the exit. Add extra time for loo visits.

14. Re: buckingham palace visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2013, 13:47