We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harry Potter Studio Tour

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Harry Potter Studio Tour

I am staying in Golders Green, and would like to get to the harry potter studios. When I put in the info it doesn't show me Watford Junction.

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

I know I will need to change trains at one point, but I am not sure when and what the stop is called.

I believe it is cheaper to travel this way. But perhaps not considering the train and tube and bus tickets, it might come close to the tour bus price.

But would it be easier to just take the bus from central london and pay the extra money?

Any thoughts would be great.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,167 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour

Where actually are you staying? If it's near Golders Green station then you have two options -

1) Tube northbound to Edgware then 142 bus to Watford Junction. Journey time around 70 minutes.

2) Tube southbound to Euston then fast train to Watford Junction. Journey time around 45-50 minutes but more expensive.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour

I am right near the Golders Green station.

What are the price options for 1 and 2?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,167 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour

It;s not straight forward as it depends if you have Travelcards of some description and you will need extension tickets for the tube and train journeys but probably not for the bus part.

Let's assume that you are paying cash -

For a single journey the tube and bus option would cost £6.60 whereas the tube and train journey would be £8,80 for the train from Euston to Watford Junction alone.

If you have a zones 1-3 (Golders Green being in zone 3) Travelcard or an Oyster Card then it would be less.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
78 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour

ok, i would have an oyster pass.

is better to go on my own or to do the golden tours bus for 55 or get the ticket on my own for 28 plus tube and bus option to/ and or train option.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,167 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour

With Oyster Pay As You Go you wouldn't even need to buy a ticket as long as you had enough credit loaded. It would bring the price down on the tube/bus option to £2.75 for travel after 9.30am and £9.10 for the tube/train routing. The difference is down to the fact that you are avoiding central London.

With Golden Tours you are paying for convenience but you can certainly do it more cheaply on your own and bear in mind that you would need to get to the start point in central London which will cost.

6. Re: Harry Potter Studio Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 08:11