We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heathrow to St Pancras station

Miami, Florida
9 posts
Save Topic
Heathrow to St Pancras station

We are arriving at Heathrow Terminal 5 on Friday, May 13th at around 10am. We need to get to St Pancras in time to catch the Eurostar at 2pm.

As we will have luggage, and one of us has difficulty with stairs (me), which would be the best route for us (other than a taxi for the entire journey)?

We are meeting up with someone who arrives on another flight at Terminal 5. Can someone suggest a meeting place close to where we will take the train?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,788 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

I think T5 to St Pancras is step-free on the Piccadilly Line underground these days

If it is, that would be easiest, probably quickest, and definitely cheapest. So a good option

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,868 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

You'd do better getting an onward flight from LHR though

Edited: 11 May 2011, 02:16
Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,642 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

As for the meeting point, there is a branch of Costa Coffee literally opposite where you enter the arrivals hall. You can sit, sip and watch for your friend.

Then walk maybe 50 yards to the north end of the terminal where the ticket offices for the tube and HEX are located. Get your tickets there and take the lift down to platform level. The journey will take around 55-60 minutes.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,897 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

Sit near the rear of the Piccadilly line train, the last car if possible. You'll then be very near the way out at KX, just hop off the train then on the escalator up to the ticket hall.

After you pass through the barriers look left, where you'll see a tiny lift up to street level. Take the lift up to Euston Road, turn right out of the lift and walk west from the station where you'll see St Pancras just across the junction of Euston Road and Pancras Road.

Turn right at Pancras Road and walk a few metres where you'll see an entrance on the left. Making the journey this way will save you having to work your way through masses of people in the KX ticket halls and St Pancras concourse as well.

Miami, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

Thank you.

You are all amazing! So kind of you to share your knowledge with everyone each day. When I arrive in London and know exactly where to go, i will certainly appear to be a veteran traveller.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

I suggest you meet at the Eurostar station, that way, in case one of you has a seriously delayed flight, or you just fail to meet at Heathrow, you don't both end up missing the train because each was waiting for the other.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,589 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

I would agree with Joe, almost. If both flights are arriving at T5, at least you will be able to track each others' flights on the arrivals boards, and if one is substantially delayed those already there can proceed to St. Pancras. I would not leave it much beyond 12 noon before taking the tube.

Will you have a means of contacting each other, mobile phone/SMS, in case of a delay?

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,860 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

Do bear in mind that minimum check in for Eurostar is 30 minutes, so you will need to be at St Pancras for 1:30pm at the latest. Really you should aim to be there for 1pm.

You will also need to allow probably an hour to complete airport formalities such as immigration and collecting luggage, so if you flight arrives at 10am you should be looking to leave the airport at some time after 11am.

This should allow you sufficient time to get to St Pancras, as the journey time on the tube is about an hour.

Peak District...
Level Contributor
1,921 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

If you sit in the middle block of seats on the Piccadilly Line carriage there is a space between the door and the first seat where you can put your luggage next to you. The end blocks of seats have seats reserved for disabled passengers so you can't sit next to your bags.

I have done this trip recently in both directions, as Paul says it takes about an hour with lifts and escalators at both ends.

Miami, Florida
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Heathrow to St Pancras station

Just wanted to let all of you know that our trip from Heathrow to St. Pancras went smoothly, thanks to all the information received here.

Met up with the rest of our party in the immigration hall at Heathrow (perfect timing), caught the Picadilly line to Kings Cross and got to St. Pancras with enough time to have lunch before getting on the Eurostar.

Thanks to all.