We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels near the Picadilly Line

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
352 posts
19 reviews
Hotels near the Picadilly Line

We wish to stay at a hotel very near (within a block or 2) of the Picadilly Line. We use this line to visit with friends, and coming home at night we don't want a long walk.

Russell Square might work. (or any other stop along that line). We have no information about hotels near there----I have read some rather negative reviews about the Royal National. But that looks like the location would be OK. Anyone got suggestions? I guess, cleanliness is our only necessity.

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,781 Reviews
from US$ 120.60*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,288 Reviews
from US$ 110.90*
US$ 123.20
Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
39 reviews
1. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

Dear Jrnet:

The Parkes, The Beaufort, The Claverley and the Knightsbridge hotels are all on Beafort Gardens. Beaufort Gardens is a long cul de sac running off The Brompton Road, and very near Harrod's Dept. Store. The Knightsbridge tube station is about 3 blocks away from these hotels, and so very well located.

The Cranley is near the Gloucester Road tube station and a little bit further is the South Kensington Tube station, both of which are on the Picadilly line.

Cheers!

London, United...
Level Contributor
981 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

The Piccadily line runs from Heathrow airport in the west all the way to Cockfosters in the North-East - at a rough guess a distance of about 40 miles - are you saying you want to stay ANYWHERE along that line.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
169 reviews
3. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

Try the K&K George Hotel - location is near the Earls Court Tube Station which sits on the Picadilly and District Lines. Excellent hotel and has great reviews. We were just there in Jan. 2005.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
57 reviews
4. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

It would be a good idea to have a look at a map and a guidebook to see the areas through which the line runs - as mentioned above, it covers a lot of ground, a lot of it out of central London. South Kensington is served by the line, for example, and has a wide range of hotels & B&Bs in different price ranges - you haven't said what your budget is. Figure out if there are museums/attractions/etc that you want to be near as well, as you could stay near the British Museum on the one hand, or the Natural History Museum on the other.

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,291 posts
52 reviews
5. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

It would help if you could let us know your budget and where along the Piccadilly Line you feel would be good as it is probably the most tourist friendly (in terms of accommodation options) of all the tube lines.

In the meantime, there are plenty of good options within a 5 minute walk of Russell Square tube from the class of The Montague and the faded grandeur of The Russell to small family run places such as The St Margaret's and the budget options of the Imperial Chain that would include The Royal National and the nicer Tavistock.

Hope that gets you started but please let us have that extra detail and I am sure we can can come with some more ideas.

adamhornets@yahoo.com

Debary
Level Contributor
1,017 posts
100 reviews
6. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

We stayed at the Millennium Bailey's in September, located just across a small side street from the Gloucester Rd. Station, which has the Picadilly, the Circle and the District lines. Extremely convenient! Literally, we were within 50 steps from the tube station, great for inclement weather.

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
352 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

Thank you everyone, for your response.

Forgive me for being a bit too brief in my first inquiry.

I have visited London quite a few times in the past. We always take the Picadilly line in from Heathrow. Our friends live at the very end of the line, North, or would it be Northeast. The only other thing we may do is visit the Nationsl Gallery, in addition to seeing our friends.

In the past, we have used the Vicarage, and liked it, except it is a bit too far for my 70 year old husband to walk (uphill) at night, when he is getting tired. Also, if it is raining, it is a bit too far at his age.

We are open to any of the stations you mentioned, (Earls court, South Kensington, Glouster Road, etc) I guess we were considering Russel Square because it was a bit closer to the National Gallery, and also a shorted ride home at night from the end of the line---North. We are hoping to not go above 99GBP a night. And, we were hoping for a breakfast----even Continental---that would be edible. I hope these details help.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
57 reviews
8. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

St. Margaret's might be your best bet: http://www.stmargaretshotel.co.uk/

There most expensive rooms @ £97.50 include bath/shower and toilet (their other rooms may not, so be sure to have a good look at their website, and also the reviews on Trip Advisor London Hotels), and also full English breakfast. Depending on how long you are staying, you may be able to negotiate a slight discount if you are staying for more than a few nights.

There is also Morgan Hotel, 24 Bloomsbury St, www.morganhotel.co.uk. They charge £95-105, but again, you could talk to them if you are staying for a while and/or travelling in winter. Again, full English breakfast is included.

Thanet Hotel, 8 Bedford Place, http://www.thanethotel.co.uk is an option. Doubles are £98 and include full English breakfast. It's closer to Holborn Station, still on the Piccadilly line.

Derby, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
8,119 posts
98 reviews
9. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

The Bonnington in Bloomsbury seems very popular and is close to Russell Square tube. I've not sayed there personally (I only do 1 or 2 nights so have a bit more budget to play with) but i always stay in this area, it's fairly quiet and plenty in easy walking distance.

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for Brighton, Nice
Level Contributor
6,660 posts
57 reviews
10. Re: Hotels near the Picadilly Line

I was going to suggest the Bonnington until I read the TA reviews, which are very mixed. Also, it's about £125-£150 per night, which was over budget. Go to tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d193102… to see the TA user reviews and see what you think.