We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking around london

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
walking around london

Hello, I will be in London in March for 3 nights with my family, this is our second trip & plan to do alot of walking...What is the easiest way to get from the "Covent Garden Hotel" to Westminister Abbey? & then from Westminister Abbey to the Stafford Hotel(st.james/near the

ritz hotel) then to churchill war museum...

many thanks

coco45

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,181 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: walking around london

www.walkit.com will give you walking times and distances from hotel to abbey and from there to Piccadily or to the War Museum.

Alternately, the number 24 towards Pimlico travels along Charing Cross Road and calls at Westminster Square; the number 11 towards Fulham Broadway travels along the Strand then on to Westminster - catch it near the Charing Cross Hotel.

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking around london

thanks so very much will check out the web-site

coco45

Bombay, India
Level Contributor
334 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking around london

I've been using something called MultiMaps to spot exact locations and get directions from any point A to B. For London, this website offers some excellent features, like an aerial view and a bird's eye view.

Check this link:

http://www.multimap.com/directions/?qs_1=covent+garden+hotel&countryCode_1=GB&qs_2=westminster+abbey&displayName_2=W12+8LX&countryCode_2=GB&mode=walking&mapData=917

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: walking around london

thanks so the info will check into that asap

coco45

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: walking around london

They are quite close together but to save backtracking if your shedule allows, you could put the Churchill Museum either before or after Westminster Abbey

toronto,canada
Level Contributor
387 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking around london

thanks, so if i were to go to W/M Abbey how far is the walk to |Churchill Museum? & then how far a walk over to the Stafford hotel??

7. Re: walking around london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 09:48