We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
602 posts
1 review
Save Topic
If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

and why ?

Upminster, United...
Level Contributor
11,284 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Marriott County Hall so that I could look out over the Thames to the Houses of Parliament every morning.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Probably one of the suites at the Dorchester because they're gorgeous and haven't all been made contemporary. I like the more traditional decor.

Ah, one can dream. :o)

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Hazlitt's. I, too, love the traditional. So, if not Hazlitt's, a very staid sort of suite in a beautiful old building or mews.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
5,316 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Janie, I was watching an episode of Anthony Bourdain's travel show and Hazlitts is where he always stays when he's in London.

north-east NJ
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Well, there you go, then. Anthony Bourdain is pretty sexy. And he loves the Ramones.

I wouldn't have thought he'd like Hazlitt's, but, hey, most people wouldn't think I would either.

California
Level Contributor
1,128 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

If money was no object, I'd choose to stay exactly where I am already staying...at the Morgan Hotel in Bloomsbury area near the British Museum.

Why? Because that's where I believe we will feel happiest and most comfortable.

We've done a lot of travelling and we have often found that the more you spend, the more unhappy you end up! Even if money was no object...why waste the money to stay someplace that doesn't make you any happier?

Also...I have met a lot of grumpy and rude tourists spending lots of money. They aren't fun to be with and they aren't fun to talk with. So I don't want to stay with them! Yes I know this is generalizing...but we have tried splurging (especially on anniversaries...), we have tried mid-range types of places, and we have tried budget places... We find we like meeting the people who tend to stay at mid-range priced places.

Therefore if money was no object, I don't feel this would make my trip any better.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,622 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

I too am happier with a mid range hotel - thought that Claridges - the Savoy - and Manderin Oriental Hyde Park were overrated and that not only were the guests snooty the staff were also

However the Chesterfield Mayfair - was so much nicer - perhaps its because its small

Buckinghamshire
Level Contributor
355 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

The Rookery.

Lovely little hotel, tucked away, with rooms full of character, friendly staff, and a cosy little lounge with an honesty bar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
195 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Without a doubt it has to be The Dorchester i stay there regularly the suites are to die for, especially the Park Suites over looking Hyde Park.

The service is top notch and the staff superb

SoCal
Level Contributor
457 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If money was no object, which hotel would you choose ?

Interesting that no one has mentioned The Ritz or The Berkeley or The Lanesborough...three I would have considered if money was truly no object.

Haven't been to any of them, though, so cannot vouch for any of them.