We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luton Vs. Stansted... Which is Easiest From Central London?

Sooner Nation
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Luton Vs. Stansted... Which is Easiest From Central London?

If we decide to take an easyjet flight out of London during our stay, which airport is easiest to get to, Luton or Stansted? We'll be staying between Euston Station and Russell Square underground.

I did a forum search, but couldn't get a real clear answer.......

London
Level Contributor
27 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luton Vs. Stansted... Which is Easiest From Central London?

I'd say stansted. Circle Line Tube from Euston Square round to Liverpool Street where you can get the stansted express

essex/suffolk,englan...
Level Contributor
740 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luton Vs. Stansted... Which is Easiest From Central London?

agree with spurs fan.stansted express is a regular and speedy train which takes you to the airport.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,243 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luton Vs. Stansted... Which is Easiest From Central London?

I'd go with the cheapest flight. Otherwise:

Luton - Taxi, Piccadilly Line tube or 91 bus to Kings Cross Thameslink (a short walk from the main station) then Thameslink train to Luton Parkway then a 5 minute free transfer bus to the airport. There are about 4 or 5 trains an hour, the journey from Kings Cross takes about 40 minutes and the single fare is currently 10.70GBP.

Stansted - Circle Line from Euston Square to Liverpool Street then Stansted Express. 4 trains an hour and the journey takes about 45 minutes (plus 15 minutes on the tube). The station is almost in the Airport Terminal. Single fare on The SE is 14.50GBP.

Hope that helps.