We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

Hi. I am traveling over to London at the beginning of July and was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent pub around the Paddington area. We are staying at the Darlington Hotel and are planning on having lunch near the hotel before we head to a concert later that day. Also I would be keen to watch the British Grand Prix from the bar/pub we choose as it is on that day. Many thanks.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

Passed a nice couple hours at The Victoria before.

Had a good bar snack aswell. I may be mis remembering but I think they had sport on the telly. Cricket was on last summer.

Check it on fancyapint.com. Has 5 stars on there. Also a good site for checking for other pubs.

Cheers.

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
2,925 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

Further east on Sussex Garden is the Monkey Puzzle. Also up on London St is the Sawyer Arms.

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

I'd agree about the Victoria (10 Strathern Place) but it doesn't have a television so far as I remember. The Leinster Arms (17 Leinster Terrace) is OK and does have TVs. (So does the similarly named Leinster nearby, but that's because that's a gay bar.)

West London
Level Contributor
10,128 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

Ah, I see that Cornish Pastie says that the Victoria does have a television, in which case it would be a good choice.

N.Ireland
Level Contributor
32 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pub close to Paddington Station/Darlington Hotel?

Thanks guys. Will probably try the victoria!