We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Bonfire Night - What To Know?

I will be in London for Bonfire night this November. I'm excited and would like to know the best way to enjoy this event.

From what I understand there are celebrations throughout London. Are advanced tickets required? Is there one area that is better than another for fireworks?

42 replies to this topic
Farnborough, United...
Level Contributor
2,076 posts
59 reviews
1. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Generally speaking this is a more at a local level around the country than a big London event. Local schools, sports clubs and the like have bonfire events with fireworks and food. Some are free but many have a small charge.You will need to travel into the parts of London where people actually live. Battersea park looks one of the most accessible and I think it is free? Some info here https://www.visitlondon.com/things-to-do/wha…

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
6,742 posts
87 reviews
2. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Tickets depend on where you're going. For example, the fireworks at Battersea Park are meant to be brilliant and they are always ticketed. However, ticketed doesn't mean you have to pay.

Most neighbourhoods will have a display in a local park. I can't think of any in central London.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
358 reviews
3. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Whereabouts you’ll be staying as this will have an impact on your visit. Not to mention as it falls on a Monday this year that the main events will be on the Saturday prior.

London, United...
Level Contributor
684 posts
1 review
4. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

What with depleting local authority funding, a fair few big public fireworks displays are indeed ticketed events, and they will probably be that bit more spectacular than a local community event. You'll also find plenty of occasional private family party letting off a few, since the Hindu festival Diwali happens around the same time.

https://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/…

https:/…2773

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
70 reviews
5. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Yes. This year Diwali falls on Nov 6th so the week will be pretty busy with fireworks for both events.

London, United...
Level Contributor
611 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Angela - you might find (unfortunately in my view!) that Halloween is now a bigger deal here than Bonfire night.

If you tell us where you are staying though we can help direct you to some local celebrations

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Hi Angela

If you can't find anything in London and you are staying near St Pancras Station you might like to consider hoping on the train up to St Albans on Sat 3rd December for the fireworks here. Fireworks are set against the backdrop of the Abbey. Train is 20-30min from London.

https:/…

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

We are staying near St James Park and that is the closest tube stop.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
345 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

If coming to St Albans interested you then from where you are staying you could either walk to Victoria Station and get the Victoria Line to St Pancras or walk to Westminster and get the jubilee to West Hampstead and then walk over to overground station at West Hampstead and get the train to St Albans.

Munster, Indiana
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Bonfire Night - What To Know?

Thank you to all! These are very helpful comments.

Reply to: Bonfire Night - What To Know?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted