We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near to O2 stadium for august

scarborough
4 posts
Save Topic
hotels near to O2 stadium for august

anyone know the nearest/cheapset place to stay in august near to the O2 ( millennium dome as was). i need to stay for a couple of nights.

thanks

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,036 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

Not a great deal of choice in the immediate area. There is a decent Novotel in Greenwich very close to the rail station and the nearby Davenport House is also worth a look. The 129 and 188 buses link Greenwich and the dome.

If there are no events at the Excel then there may be deals at The Ibis Excel. A couple of stops on the DLR to Canning Town and then the Jubilee Line one stop to North Greenwich. The Holiday Inn Express close to Canning Town station would be even better.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,216 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

There is a Holiday Inn Express on Bugsby's Way, not too far from the O2, but if you're going to be at the arena for an event, you'll need to book soonish. Alternates are hotels around the ExCel Centre or even the Travelodge at London City Airport, but you'll need to use the DLR to Canning Town and change to the Jubilee line there to get to North Greenwich.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

There's also a Travelodge known as Docklands though it is infact a short walk from the East India DLR station. One stop from North Greenwich on the Jubilee to Canning Town then one stop on the DLR to East India.

Only other thing to check is timing for the gig or event. If it's a normal concert then the curfew is probably around 10:30 to 11pm which will leave you with good time to get to the tube then DLR or whatever.

If it's an event that goes past midnight you may need to plan alternatives (especially on a Sunday seems there are some engineering works due on the Jubilee line aswell)

scarborough
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

thanks to you all for your help so far. i will give them a try.

scarborough
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

hi again

sorry to be a pain but you lot know much better than me.

i have just had a quick look at those mentioned and some other that popped up as options too. the cheapest seems to be custom house hotel in victoria dock road. anyone know if this would be ok for getting to the O2 arena? also how far it would be to walk ( hey i'm a northerner, all the distance quotes are for driving and i've got two legs).

the next best seem to be ibis docklands, and ramada hotel docklands. are these any better?

thanks in advance

emma

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,036 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

The Custom House gets some very poor reviews. I was shown round once and it looked okay if very plasticly. Not a nice area and I wouldn't leave my car there. Ibis and Ramada would be better, the last named probably much better.

Although the O2 arena is a stones throw away from Excel there is the small matter of the River Thames in the way (!!) so you would need to get the DLR and change at Canning Town to the Jubilee Line. It wouldn't take long.

scarborough
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

thanks again. i'll have another look and see what i can come up with . i really appreciate your help

emma

8. Re: hotels near to O2 stadium for august

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 06:47