We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

uber in london

India
Level Contributor
2 posts
57 reviews
Save Topic
uber in london

Is uber available from heathrow into the city?also can 4 people use it? Is it a better option than the local taxis or capitol taxis/

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,430 Reviews
from US$ 123.60*
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,165 Reviews
from US$ 126.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros. Studio: The Making of...
554 Reviews
from US$ 111.50*
4 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,045 posts
269 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: uber in london

yes it's available

yes you can have 4 passengers

all depends on your destination on whether it's better option than local taxis

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,651 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: uber in london

Where are you going in London and at what time and on what day of the week? That's important information for us to be able to advise you.

Any kind of taxi can be much slower and will always be more expensive than using the Underground.

You may decide that it's worth it after a long flight with lots of bags, if that's what you have.

There are issues with Uber picking up at Heathrow - which others can explain - but it's not convenient. Avoid black cabs and pre-order a minicab. Blackberry Cars always gets good reviews and I like Abetta Cars. They will ask how many passengers you are and how many bags and will send the right sized car or MPV, and will also monitor your flight so they know when you will arrive.

Edited: 11 June 2018, 17:39
Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Blackberry Cars
Blackberry Cars
518 Reviews
London, UK
Pewsey, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
9,690 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: uber in london

Additional to post #1, any form of road transport from Heathrow to central London will cost more and at certain times Of the day take longer than using the Tube System.

Search the forum, there are also lots of well regarded car services who will meet you at arrivals with a name board- similar prices to Uber ( who you have to meet in an adjacent car park)

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
London
London
England, UK
London, United...
Level Contributor
591 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: uber in london

I tried to get a quote with Uber from Heathrow when my pre-booked taxi did not turn up, as it was involved in an accident. I think Uber wanted to share a cab with other passenger and even then more expensive. I did not understand what was going on. A pre-booked cab is better and reserved for you. They will keep an eye on your flight.

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Airport
Heathrow Airport
Hounslow, UK
Reply to: uber in london
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted