We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Daily travel

West Virginia
Level Contributor
672 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Daily travel

When I traveled in your city with the husband, we always purchased National Rail Cards for maximum value.

Since I'm on my own this time, is this necessary or will it be better just to load up an Oyster? I won't have need for any 2 for 1's at tourist sites. I don't know yet if I will travel outside whatever zone I stay in.

Thanks for your advice.

3 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
603 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Daily travel

You might as well get an Oyster, since they can be bought and topped up in many more places than having to go to a National Rail station for one of their travelcards.

https:/…oyster-ticket-stops

You can use it for pay-as-you-go and let the computer do the calculations according to whichever zones you travel through. Or if you're staying for 4 days or more, it might save you a bit more if you put a 7-day travelcard for zones 1-2 on the Oyster, plus a bit for travelling outside those zones. Either way, it's easy to check your balance and top up the pay-as-you-go money if you need to.

Level Contributor
2,069 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Daily travel

Oyster.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
677 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Daily travel

I find Oyster Cards are the cheapest option.

You can also use it on the Thames Clippers to Greenwich (another very nice place to visit).

Reply to: Daily travel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted