We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help where to stay

Corinth, Greece
Level Contributor
87 posts
3 reviews
help where to stay

My family (a couple and a 8 years old boy)are planning to visit London 02-08/08.

I would like your help for the best area to stay.

we are flying to heathrow but this is not something serious to concern as most probably we get an uber frm and to there.

We are looking for an area not far away frm center, not more than 15 minutes with tube, in order to visit city tourist places easily.

We want to have atmosphere with pubs, restaurants, cafes and some park for the child.

I was thinking for Earls Court for Premier Inn or Holiday , Camden for Holiday inn, or Southwark for Mercure or Ibis or Novotel.

What do you thing?

Any suggestion for any other area or Hotel?

My budget is up to abt 1.000 pounds for 6 nights B&B.

Thanks in advance

George

4 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
31,733 posts
69 reviews
1. Re: help where to stay

Richmond-upon-Thames, though it's probably a bit more than 15 min from the centre.

Don't get Uber from the airport, there is no proper pick-up/drop-off place for them. Try a pre-booked car service - Blackberry/Simply Airports, and others get good reviews here and are cheaper than Taxi's...

Watford, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
44,228 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: help where to stay

All decent suggestions. Earls court is much closer to Heathrow should you have a late arrival and/or early departure but otherwise I would probably choose the Novotel in Southwark. Better hotel than the other two in that area and more central although no one neighbourhood is close to all sights and attractions.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
31,892 posts
3. Re: help where to stay

You'd have change from that budget at the PI Earls Court. Straight shot from Heathrow and a short train or bus journey to the Kensington museums.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
39,616 posts
638 reviews
4. Re: help where to stay

I would choose the Novotel in Southwark.

Reply to: help where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted