We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Question: Earls Court Stn vs Baker St Stn

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
853 posts
72 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Question: Earls Court Stn vs Baker St Stn

I haven't stayed in Earl's Court for well over 15 years now and have always stayed right near Euston / Euston Square. This year my usual hotel (as I go back every year) is already filled up a lot quicker than it ever has been.

This leaves me with 2 options for hotels with the price range. One near Baker St Stn and the other near Earls Court. I am familiar with Earls Court/Hammersmith Broadway Fulham (for my pub needs) and such, but wasn't quite sure about Baker Street area as I've only ever been there on the tube or very rarely on foot. How is the area?

I do travel all over Greater London when I visit (usually between Zone 1 and 4, but have been known to get out to zone 6 as well) using tubes, buses and the National Rail. Night time, I'm at the pubs and do like finding late night pub areas as well on the weekends (which thankfully the Night service trains now exist).

So just curious what people who have experience with both areas think? Baker is more connected and closer, but the hotel in Earls Court is nicer and I know the area quite a lot more, but it's also less centrally connected to all areas of town.

Just wanting some input to see if something I'm missing will sway me one way over another...

Thanks

Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
5,662 Reviews
from US$ 122.40*
Best Seller
Stonehenge, Windsor and Bath with Pub...
2,249 Reviews
from US$ 112.50*
Best Seller
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
746 Reviews
from US$ 102.40*
3 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
7,103 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Question: Earls Court Stn vs Baker St Stn

Baker Street every time. Marylebone High Street has all the pubs and restaurants you need and is a much, much nicer area.

Kent, England
Level Contributor
3,030 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Question: Earls Court Stn vs Baker St Stn

With Baker Street, you are just a few minutes walk from Regents Park too, one of London's most attractive and relaxing spots, especially in summer when the flowers will be in bloom. A super respite from the noise and bustle of Baker Street itself!

Either area is a good place to stay, though, well connected to thesights by tube and buses

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
853 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Question: Earls Court Stn vs Baker St Stn

Ok thanks, seems Baker would be a better choice for me and also allows me more central access which I think outweighs the hotel benefits in Earl's Court. Plus it'll be new territory for me as I don't often frequent the area above ground around here and lets me experience a part of town I normally don't go to much other than The Volunteer Pub which I've been to before...

Reply to: Hotel Question: Earls Court Stn vs Baker St Stn
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted