We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restrictions in bars & restaurants?

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
72 reviews
61 helpful votes
Restrictions in bars & restaurants?
Save

Hi,

Coming to Liverpool BH weekend! Been a while!

Anyway, what restrictions are there, if any, in bars etc now? ie masks, buying drinks at the bar, booking tables, paying by card?

Do we have to download that covid “ping” ap?

Thank you in advance for replies!

4 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,232 posts
9 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Restrictions in bars & restaurants?
Save

No overall restrictions but individual venues may still request that people follow certain requests. I think some may invite people to check-in with the NHS Covid app but it's not mandatory and I'm not aware of anywhere that refuses entry to people who don't. Other stuff such as masks people may be invited to or it may just be down to individual choice but again nothing is mandatory I believe. I think some places are continuing with table service but think most that do are saying it's personal choice again as to whether you order at the bar or table.

I'd consider booking for food though just based on how busy places may be.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
28,491 posts
73 reviews
124 helpful votes
2. Re: Restrictions in bars & restaurants?
Save

I was in The Bridewell last night and it's table service only, whereas their sister pub, The Denbigh Castle, you can order at the bar.

Dead Crafty Beer Company and The Grapes (the decent one on Knight Street/Roscoe Street) are table service only, whereas pubs like Thomas Rigby's and the Ship & Mitre you can order at the bar.

I expect certain pubs and bars on Mathew Street, Concert Square and those naff faux Irish pubs around Ranelagh Street are a free for all and back to "normal"!

So it varies depending on where you go. As long as you follow the rules of the pub/bar you are in then you'll have no problems.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,925 posts
282 reviews
632 helpful votes
3. Re: Restrictions in bars & restaurants?
Save

We stayed overnight in Liverpool city centre a couple of weekends ago and went to pubs around Castle Street, Matthew Street and Williamson Square as well as a couple of places to eat and none of them wanted any check-in with ping App.

As said previously some still had table service but most were back to buying your drinks at the bar. Some of the Matthew St bars such as the Cavern Pub have more tables now than in the past.

I would say the % of people with masks on was very low but of course human nature makes us naturally not get too close to those we don't know.

We had a great weekend and it felt as if normal service had been resumed.

Douglas, United...
Level Contributor
627 posts
72 reviews
61 helpful votes
4. Re: Restrictions in bars & restaurants?
Save

Brilliant, thanks.

When we come over we usually like to wander around, calling in places like sweeneys and coopers and plan on heading up to Cains Brewery village.

We always manage to discover somewhere new in Liverpool!

Reply to: Restrictions in bars & restaurants?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in India. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.