We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sports bar to catch a game

singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Sports bar to catch a game

Hi, may i know any recommendations for sports bar that is near to the Lime street station? would like to have some drinks and catch 1 of the EPL. thanks!

5 replies to this topic
Merseyside
Level Contributor
29 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Sports bar to catch a game

There are any number of bars within walking distance of Lime Street that will show a game of footy, my advice is walk to McCooley's on Mathew Street. Its about a 10 minute walk and is a huge place, lots of screens and a nice atmosphere.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,712 posts
76 reviews
2. Re: Sports bar to catch a game

The Crown Hotel on Lime Street shows the football.

Much better in my opinion is the Head of Steam a 5 minute walk away on Hanover Street.

singapore
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Sports bar to catch a game

thanks alot guys! will check out when I'm there!

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Sports bar to catch a game

There is a bar just outside of Lime street called Dough Bar. That shows sports and can get food/drinks

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
871 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Sports bar to catch a game

As I often say on this forum, sport and especially football is very popular in the city so unlike some cities, you don’t need to keep strictly to sports bars if you want to watch the football. That said a couple of pubs on or near Lime Street DON'T show football (the two Wetherspoons and I had thought the Crown was another but based on an earlier reply, this must have changed recently).

I’d recommend Dough Bar too though. Plenty of tvs so easy to get a good view and the choice of drinks and food is good too and not too pricey. It’s popular with students and quite a laid back sort of place.

Edited: 09 August 2018, 14:42
Reply to: Sports bar to catch a game
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted