We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stag do

Belfast
Level Contributor
18 posts
119 reviews
Stag do

Hi folks I’m heading to Liverpool in a few weeks for my stag. There will be 16 of us, any good recommendations for bars or places to get food?

Cheers

7 replies to this topic
Athlone, Ireland
Level Contributor
116 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Stag do

I would either head to Mathew street or concert square if your a stag party plenty of bars and clubs to choose from and lots of eating places.

Edited: 05 August 2018, 15:40
Belfast
Level Contributor
18 posts
119 reviews
2. Re: Stag do

Brilliant thank you. We're staying near concert square.

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
20,035 posts
76 reviews
3. Re: Stag do

I would go with the advice given above because most of the more traditional pubs, bars and craft beer places (i.e. the decent places!) probably won't let you in.

You will probably struggle to even get into places such as the Head of Steam and the Ship & Mitre, so you will have to make do with what I class as the cheap and tacky places, such as faux Irish pubs McCooleys and O'Neills, and also Einstein, Bierkeller at Liverpool One, the tacky Smokey Mo's, and those awful bars on Mathew Street!

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
4. Re: Stag do

manSOLO

I must disagree with your comments about Mathew street being awful, i drink there a lot especially

ST PEPPERS and the Cavern Pub. Both have good live music and free entry1

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
20,035 posts
76 reviews
5. Re: Stag do

Actually, I love Remeniss and The Grapes. Not!

Tell me, why did The Grapes close down!?

Oh, and God help us - they've opened another McCooleys there too!

No thanks! ;-)

Belfast
Level Contributor
18 posts
119 reviews
6. Re: Stag do

Right, good to get some places to avoid, thanks, will aim for the decent places early one haha hopefully get in some of them. Thanks

liverpool
Level Contributor
1,150 posts
7. Re: Stag do

You tell me why The Grapes shut but it was not for long as it as reopened. The thousands of people mainly tourists that go through the doors of these pubs proves they are not awful, all having a good time and bringing work/money to The City.I know you don't like Irish pubs but try The Old Bank in James street you may be surprised

Reply to: Stag do
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Liverpool