We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trains to Manchester Airport Sunday 05/08/18

Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Topic
Trains to Manchester Airport Sunday 05/08/18

Important information if you are travelling by train to Manchester Airport on Sunday 5th August: there will be no trains operating from Liverpool Lime Street due to the Northern train crews making themselves unavailable for work!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpo…

(I've also put this on the Manchester forum so don't delete as a duplicate because it's important information)

Mentioned in this post
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
2 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
23,857 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trains to Manchester Airport Sunday 05/08/18

The work-round is to use a Northern or East Midland Trains service from Liverpool Lime Street to Manchester Piccadilly, then a local or Transpennine Express service between Manchester Piccadilly and Manchester Airport.

Not good news though and shows how Northern's management have screwed up by continuing to rely on overtime working for Sundays.

Mentioned in this post
The Midland
The Midland
5,592 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Liverpool
Liverpool
Merseyside, UK
Manchester
Manchester
Greater Manchester, UK
Transpennine Express
Transpennine Express
179 Reviews
Manchester, UK
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,271 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trains to Manchester Airport Sunday 05/08/18

Lime Street reopened last Monday and all went well (for me anyway) on the first day with the trains I caught to/from my local station, West Allerton. We even had a refurbished 150 Sprinter on one train!

I knew it wouldn't last though, because for the rest of the week Northern returned to their "normal" service of delays and cancellations; and those trains that did run that I got were clapped out Pacers and Sprinters falling apart at the seams!

Reply to: Trains to Manchester Airport Sunday 05/08/18
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted