We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking

Llanfyrnach, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Parking

We are aiming to drive to Liverpool in September to see the terra cotta army. Are there any Park and Ride facilities coming in from Chester?

4 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,594 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking

Welcome to the forum

Driving into Liverpool isn’t so bad

The closest car park is at Queen Square

L1 1RH

However if you don’t fancy driving in

You could drive to Runcorn railway station and park there and take the train to Liverpool Lime Street from where it’s just a few minutes walk to the world museum.

That would save you crossing the new Toll bridge connecting Runcorn to Widnes

I am not familiar with the train system on the Wirral but parking at a railway station on the Wirral is another distinct possibility

But

A grand entrance would be to park near the ferry terminal on the Wirral and arrive in Liverpool by the ferry to the Pier Head seeing the iconic waterfront as you travel and then about a fifteen minute stroll to the World Museum

Edited: 03 August 2018, 00:42
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
19,313 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking

There is a car park next to Birkenhead Hamilton Square station that is open 7am-7pm but only Mon-Fri.

I walk past it most days because I work in Birkenhead and it's quite cheap.

But then you have the added cost of getting the train or ferry over to Liverpool.

You can drive through the Mersey Tunnel which has a £1.80 toll fee each way, then park at Mount Pleasant car park which is close to the entrance/exit of the tunnel in Liverpool.

Mount Pleasant car park is cheap, but I can't remember how much. This is only a 7 or 8 min walk from the World Museum.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking

If you do decide to drive take the old (Birkenhead) tunnel and at the roundabout at the exit the museum is directly opposite. if you turn sharp left there is a small surface car park on the left (there are in fact pay and display spaces on the road on which the museum stands but you would be lucky to get one but may be worth a try just go straight across the roundabout). Otherwise turn right to Queen Square multi storey.

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
353 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking

The museum is directly opposite the exit from the old (Birkenhead) tunnel. At the roundabout you could go straight across and see if any metered spaces, or turn sharp left and there is a surface car park on the left,(pay and display) or turn right and head for Queen Square Multi Storey.

Reply to: Parking
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted