We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do with a 1 year old baby

Ireland
Level Contributor
180 posts
41 reviews
Things to do with a 1 year old baby

Hi all, I’ve been to Liverpool many many times but this will be my first time going with my baby. The rest of my party are planning to go to anfield for a match and I am looking for some suggestions of what I can do with the baby while they are gone? Thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
20,370 posts
76 reviews
1. Re: Things to do with a 1 year old baby

There is Mattel Play at the Albert Dock but I'm not sure it is suitable for a 1 year old.

www.mattelplayliverpool.com

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
1,359 posts
190 reviews
2. Re: Things to do with a 1 year old baby

We've been in Liverpool today watching the Dinosaur show with 2 toddlers(grandchildren) then we went to the Museum of Liverpool on the waterfront where there was an activity room for children under the age of 6. You have to book a session by getting a ticket from reception but there's no charge:

liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/mol/visit/family.aspx

After that we went to Liverpool 1 on the top level where there is a lovely area with seats and water features and on the Strand street level there were street entertainers and dancers. There's plenty of lifts and toilets/ baby change areas which I have to say I don't normally notice but did today!

There's also an old style carousel near the Albert Dock, then you can have a walk around there too. Our 2 little ones liked the giant cat which is watching some large mice!

Our day out today flew past.

Edited: 01 August 2018, 23:25
Ireland
Level Contributor
180 posts
41 reviews
3. Re: Things to do with a 1 year old baby

ManS0L0 I was also looking that up today but it wasn’t clear what age it’s recommended for! I might get in touch with them to find out thanks

maisymeg you’re day sounded like a lot of fun and best of all free! Thank you, I’m sure we will get some of those in during our trip!

UK
Destination Expert
for North Wales
Level Contributor
5,932 posts
68 reviews
4. Re: Things to do with a 1 year old baby

If the weather is fine and you just want an open space

Try Otterspool Promenade on the side of the river , nice views

Plenty of grass on which to toddle, a few swings and a cafe

Or

Sefton Park and feed the ducks maybe

Maybe not the most exciting but for toddlers

I take my granddaughter regularly to the World Museum and even for a one year old it can be enjoyable hour if the weather is inclement . Buggy storage at the entrance

Edited: 02 August 2018, 02:13
Reply to: Things to do with a 1 year old baby
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted