We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family lunch

Glasgow UK
Level Contributor
166 posts
213 reviews
Family lunch

Can anyone recommend a restaurant for a family lunch near the town centre the weekend before Christmas? There will be six adults and four children. Thank you

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,894 posts
156 reviews
1. Re: Family lunch

Depends on what sort of budget you have and what sort of food you're looking for. And also on the age of your family. Morrells is very nice, but they say on their website they don't accommodate children under 5.

Northumberland...
Level Contributor
625 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Family lunch

There are loads of places, the pubs & hotels tend to be very good. Both Sienna's and Casa Bella are very good restaurants, for hotels I like the George, and for pubs I like the Dog & Gun. Obviously for a party your size a pub may not work.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
675 posts
70 reviews
3. Re: Family lunch

If you want a mix and match lunch try Lakes Bar & Bistro , top of Station St towards Fitz Park.

Tapas, big sharing platters, chips and much much more.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
2,842 posts
261 reviews
4. Re: Family lunch

I would recommend The George, right in the middle of town and a lovely cosy atmosphere. They have a separate dining area if you don’t fancy eating in the bar. They have a nice varied menu. Casa Bella is nice if you fancy an Italian, but it is very cramped when busy. Morrells would be a step above most of the restaurants in Keswick in terms of both price and food quality, it’s more of a fine dining vibe than ‘fill your boots’ kind of grub, but as Nautious says, they don’t allow children under 5, so may not suit your party.

West Yorkshire...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
693 posts
27 reviews
5. Re: Family lunch

Try the Pheasant opposite the hospital. Beware though - booking in advance is a must.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
7 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Family lunch

We really liked the George when we stayed in Keswick last summer. The staff were welcoming and the food was lovely. I would definitely advise booking.

Leeds
Level Contributor
100 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Family lunch

Another vote for the George as they have great food and a large dinning area which you can normally book. Casa Bella is as said good for italian.

8. Re: Family lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2017, 10:45
Get answers to your questions about Keswick