We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Takeaway

Aberdeen, Scotland
9 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
Takeaway

Looking for recommendations for takeaway food for an evening meal. We're going to be self-catering for a week from next Saturday and have a seven month old baby so don't fancy cooking every night.

Love all types of food so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance 😀

London
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
1,939 posts
160 reviews
106 helpful votes
1. Re: Takeaway

Can't help you with takeaways I'm afraid (though I'm sure someone else will be along soon with some tips), but as an alternative suggestion that involves only a minimal amount of cooking, if you go to Booths supermarket in Keswick and look in their freezer section you will find frozen ready meals of particularly good quality.

All you have to do is take them out of the freezer and stick them in the oven, and they really are quite a bit better than your average supermarket ready meal.

If I remember correctly, they are these ones:

http://www.cookfood.net/

Chester
Level Contributor
3,216 posts
99 reviews
118 helpful votes
2. Re: Takeaway

Another vote for Booth's food.

There are 2 chip shop on the main street and I think Casa Bella the Italian by WH Smiths does take away.

Keith.

Lake District...
Level Contributor
683 posts
70 reviews
46 helpful votes
3. Re: Takeaway

+1 for Booth's ready meals. Big selection, "Cook" range are high quality but not cheap.

3 chip shops

1 Indian -does take away

1 Thai ( Star of Siam) does take away (not well advertised)

2 Chinese do take away

Pizza take away.

Aberdeen, Scotland
9 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
4. Re: Takeaway

Thanks for the advice, sounds like we'll have plenty of choice! Looking forward to checking out Booths as well 😀

Wirral U.K.
Level Contributor
1,377 posts
44 reviews
56 helpful votes
5. Re: Takeaway

I can highly reccomend the fish and chips from the chippy opposite Wetherspoons. Excellent.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
57 reviews
34 helpful votes
6. Re: Takeaway

Thanks bren,

Going up there on Thursday.

Any idea if any of the takeaways mentioned do deliveries? Staying in Threlkeld.

Workington, United...
Level Contributor
1,011 posts
49 reviews
53 helpful votes
7. Re: Takeaway

Can't think of any place that delivers, but plenty of takeaways, from fish and chips shop, Chinese and pizza places.

West Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
57 reviews
34 helpful votes
8. Re: Takeaway

Okay, thanks for your input Neila. I was hoping for a really lazy evening!

cumbria
Level Contributor
28 posts
24 reviews
46 helpful votes
9. Re: Takeaway

Would not recommend Pizza Panorama on High Street.

Agree with Casa Bella and the Thai Restaurant (Star of Siam)

Wetherspoons a good option for cheap and cheerful- earlier the better I suggest.

10. Re: Takeaway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2016, 15:47