We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night plans in the island

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
13 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Night plans in the island

Hi, I'm in Southampton for work but will have my boyfriend visiting. Since I only have time after work on weekdays, I was thinking of going to Isle Of Wight as something special.

A few questions would be:

Would there be things to do at night?

Are there places we can drive around to?

Where would be a good place to eat?

Thanks for the help

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,431 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night plans in the island

I wouldn't bother with the Isle of Wight at night. Especially not between November and March where it will be dark by the time you finish work. A weekend day would be better.

London
Level Contributor
2,210 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night plans in the island

Well, I guess it's feasable to nip over for an evening, from Southampton your quickest crossing will be on the Red Jet catamaran to West Cowes.

Taking a car over will be a lot slower and more expensive - not worth it for one night.

Nightlife doesn't go beyond a few pubs and restaurants in Cowes.

http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/ferry-travel/

Isle Of Wight
Destination Expert
for Isle of Wight, Sitges
Level Contributor
3,553 posts
252 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night plans in the island

This offer may be of interest

redfunnel.co.uk/ferry-travel/…

I've no idea what the Fountains food is like.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night plans in the island

I sometimes go over to Cowes after work, have a meal out (usually at China China overlooking the harbour) and come home again. Taking the car for one night so NOT worth the expense! Off peak you will get reduced foot passenger tickets on Red jet, especially if travelling in a group of 2 or more (about £6.50 return, compared to about £18.50 return peak times in the summer). But in general, the Isle of Wight is never going to be Ibiza. Many attractions are now closed until Easter, and wouldn't be open evening anyway.

5. Re: Night plans in the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2012, 11:46