We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
183 reviews
Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

We're meeting up with our daughter at Hampton Court Castle during the day THIS SATURDAY. She's driving from Wales and we're coming from the Costwolds.

We don't know the area and would welcome any suggestions of somewhere to get a good meal before we go our separate ways in the evening.

Could anyone please suggest somewhere in the vicinity that serves during the late afternoon/early evening as we don't want her driving back too late. We're not too choosy just not spicy and also need somewhere that will serve a few veggies (she's craving a balanced meal!)

We thought Leominster might be our best bet as it's on the route home but after a quick search on TA I'm not sure we'll have much luck there if we want to eat early. Hereford looks like it has a much wider choice. But maybe there are one or two 'chains' (Chef and Brewer' etc not McDonalds!) around in-between that are open all day?

Many thanks

1. Re: Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 13 April 2018, 01:41
2. Re: Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 13 April 2018, 02:35
Highworth, United...
Level Contributor
695 posts
183 reviews
3. Re: Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

Thank you for sticking up for me Sonia - someone casting aspersions about my navigation skills!

My daughters working in Llanwrted Wells and it was a toss up between here and Castle Coch north of Cardiff for a mid-way meeting point (no mean feat) - just a shame I've just noticed the castle is closed for a wedding this Saturday but there are some furry friends to meet in the grounds so we'll just have to fight out way through the children to meet them!

Now we just need to find somewhere to eat!

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

There are a couple of Wetherspoons pubs: the Dukes Head in Leominster and the Kings Fee in Hereford. Instinct tells me these would probably be better bets than the 'OK Diner' on the roundabout at the north end of the Leominster by-pass, but I've not actually been to any of these, so I could be totally wrong. ( I was in the area more frequently years ago when there was the Little Chef very close to Hampton Court at Hope under Dinmore, and that was my convenient stopping point. I think that's now a car showroom ...!)

Hope someone more local can come up with some better suggestions ....

Essex
Level Contributor
32,020 posts
69 reviews
5. Re: Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

I love TA, you learn something new every day

https://www.hamptoncourtcastle.co.uk

Machynlleth, United...
Level Contributor
2,934 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Urgent! Somewhere to eat open during the late afternoon?

Me too, Essex Wanderer. Chance learning on TA last year about Zaragoza in Spain led to me taking my young neighbour there for pre-GCSE Spanish practice recently. It was the perfect location for what we wanted, but 6 months before I'd known nothing about it ....!

Sorry if my post sounded a bit sharp, without a smiley. It wasn't meant to, but see they've both been deleted ....

Get answers to your questions about Hereford
Recent Conversations