We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to secure belongings while swimming?

Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Topic
How to secure belongings while swimming?

Hi! I'm a solo traveler and will be visiting Seaford and the Seven Sisters Country Park this August. I would very much like to also go for a swim on the beach in Seaford but am concerned about what to do with my belongings while I do so. As I will be traveling alone, there is no one with whom I could leave my bag (a small ladies' purse with my valuables). Are there lockers available nearby perhaps? Or some other type of way to keep it secure?

Mentioned in this post
Seaford
Seaford
East Sussex, UK
5 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
31,110 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to secure belongings while swimming?

Get a waterproof 'valuables' pouch/container that you can keep on your person, easily found on most 'travel gadget' websites.

Anyway, don't go to the beach with valuable stuff, just a few £ for an ice cream or cuppa, leave the rest secure at your accommodations.

If you see a 'nice looking' family, (I don't mean pretty, but kind of 'stable and caring') ask them to keep an eye on your other stuff. Seniors are good for this too, or 'mumsy' Ladies (can't believe I am really saying this, because it sounds so derogative, not meant to be, though, but true)

Melbourne
Level Contributor
10,686 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to secure belongings while swimming?

I'm just amazed you couldn't figure this out yourself!

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to secure belongings while swimming?

But don't trust a "man of the cloth" he may be an imposter.

Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to secure belongings while swimming?

BishopOfMelbourne I'm sorry but that's just the thing - I'd like to not use a "waterproof case" as I've had a quite unfortunate experience with one such contraption before and would like not to repeat it. I was simply asking if there were any lockers/facilities designated for this nearby the beach.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to secure belongings while swimming?

You could do the Australian thing - stick whatever you have in your shoe....or not :)

Reply to: How to secure belongings while swimming?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seaford