We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs

I'm planning a day trip from London on a Monday in late August. We do not have a car and I am a little overwhelmed with planning as it seems there are lots of different ways to get there and places to see.

I want to go to Birling Gap to see the cliffs from above as well as climb down to the beach. I also want to see the further away view of the cliffs from the Coastguard Cottages.

This is my plan and I wanted to see if this looks correct or if I should change anything.

Train Victoria Station London to Eastbourne

Bus 13x to Birling Gap

Bus 13x to Seven Sisters Park Centre

Walk 30 mins to Coastguard Cottages

Walk back to same bus stop

Bus to Seaford Library

Walk to Train Station

Train to London - train change?

Let me know what you think. Thank you

Mentioned in this post
London
London
England, UK
Eastbourne
Eastbourne
East Sussex, UK
Seaford
Seaford
East Sussex, UK
4 replies to this topic
Hove
Level Contributor
230 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs

Hi

Unless you want to go in the Seven Sisters visitor centre, it would be better to get off at Exceat Bridge by the Cuckmere Inn. You need to cross the bridge to the western side of the river to walk to the coastguard cottages. At the bridge you can get the 12/12A/12X/13X back to Eastbourne for the train.

If you have time and want a longer walk, get the bus to Seaford and walk from the seafront up on to the cliffs of Seaford Head to the cottages - the iconic view of the Sisters will be ahead of you for much of the way. Then walk by the river to Exceat.

Here's a link to the bus timetables

http://www.buses.co.uk/travel/coaster12.aspx

Train services in this area are currently subject to disruption, so do check the National Rail website.

Mentioned in this post
Eastbourne
Eastbourne
East Sussex, UK
Seaford
Seaford
East Sussex, UK
Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs

Oka,y so we will get off at Exceat bridge and if we have enough time left in the day we will take the bus to Seaford instead and walk to the cottages. Thank you so much for your help.

Mentioned in this post
Seaford
Seaford
East Sussex, UK
3. Re: Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2016, 18:30

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
5,024 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs

While superficially on message, Aneta J is simply spamming his/her site over a number of forums. Reported.

Reply to: Day Trip from London to Seven Sisters Cliffs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Seaford