We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splash pads /children water play areas

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Splash pads /children water play areas

Hi,

We're staying in the sandbanks/Poole area. Where abouts are the splash pads/water play areas in the Poole and Bournemouth areas. I know the one near Bournemouth pier and the one in Christchurch.

Thanks for your help in advance!

1 reply
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,753 posts
16 reviews
1. Re: Splash pads /children water play areas

Splash pads is a new one on me, but of course now Mr Google has enlightened me, I know what you mean! I'd say the Dorset Water Park could be part of a wonderful day for kids as you have a steam train running between Wareham and Swanage in nearby Corfe Castle too; but beware a) the queues getting across the Sandbanks ferry, there and back, and b) potential for bad traffic jams at the t-junction just outside the water park at Corfe.

Upton Country Park would be another great place, though it will be quicker to drive through Poole to get here, rather than the ferry. It's 10min out of Poole town centre, just off the A35 bypass.

Farmer Palmer's is another place with other attractions for kids (farm/petting animals) on site.

Have a look at this website for more ideas:

dorsetmums.co.uk/dorsetsplashparksandpaddlin…

If you're staying in Sandbanks, you have some of best free-range splash pads around in the beach there!

For other associated attractions: Rockley Park has a watersports centre with kid-friendly water activities in a sheltered part of Poole Harbour; Studland (Main Beach) has similar and possibly still beach huts for hire; and there is good rockpooling at Kimmeridge and Osmington Mills.

Good luck! It goes without saying that many of these places will be crowded during holiday times, so best to plan ahead and set off early if making a day of it.

Reply to: Splash pads /children water play areas
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bournemouth
Recent Conversations