We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Naturist Beaches

Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
77 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Naturist Beaches

Hi, we have been naturists for many years and we are coming to Bournemouth for a few days next month. We wondered if there are any areas on the beach that are regarded as naturist areas,

May thanks

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
2,339 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Naturist Beaches

Never been aware of any. You will have to go to Studland but if it's a good day like we are experiencing currently expect thousands of others and get an early start.

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Naturist Beaches

Studland is arguably the best such beach in the UK. It is reached by using the chain ferry (fare payable) from Sandbanks. The naturist section is about a mile along the beach. There are warning signs(!). I believe there is also naturism at Hengistbury Head but very much less than at Studland.

Wiltshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Wiltshire
Level Contributor
10,988 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Naturist Beaches

As provided by the National Trust,...... https:/…the-beaches

Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
77 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Naturist Beaches

Thankyou all for the advice, we have done Studland before a few years ago and it was heaving. Maybe give Hengistbury a try...............will have to make do with the garden today..............

Southampton, UK
Level Contributor
1,825 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Naturist Beaches

A bus goes from Bournemouth to Swanage and back again. It uses the chain ferry from Sandbanks. The latter can become very busy at peak times during the type of weather we are currently experiencing. Delays of an hour to get across are far from uncommon. If you have a bus pass the fare is free both ways during permitted hours. After leaving the ferry on the far side, stay on the bus for a mile or so until you reach the Studland bus stop (ask the driver). Once on the beach turn left and you will see the warning notice a little way along the beach.

www.morebus.co.uk/service.shtml…

6. Re: Naturist Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 20 June 2017, 13:05
Portsmouth England
Level Contributor
77 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Naturist Beaches

Obviously a little more reserved on Bournemouth beach, never mind

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
1,655 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Naturist Beaches

Um ... I fish a lot at Hengistbury Head, from the Double Dykes to the Mudeford race, and I have never seen naturists there, nor are there signs suggesting where it's allowed. (Maybe I'm just fishing in the wrong places ...). I know it's listed as a nude beach but it's not obvious where the CO bit is. What I do see is a lot of kids and families, and in school holiday time, it too will be busy. I don't think there are any beaches in Bournemouth designated as nude.

If you're in the area, you've only really got Shell Bay in Studland, which is as beautiful a beach as you'd want to see, where naturism is commonly practised. Heaving comes with the territory in July - anywhere locally - I'm afraid.

Essex
Level Contributor
31,535 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Naturist Beaches

Not a beach, but maybe you could go here:

http://www.bdoc.co.uk

South West England...
Level Contributor
2,828 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Naturist Beaches

Also been a naturist for many years and Bournemouth is not the place to go to bare all. Studland is the obvious place.

Pretty much any West Country beach will be heaving in July if the sun is shining .