We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking accommodations

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
Booking accommodations

We are in the beginning stages of planning a trip to Lyme Regis in May or June 2019. How soon should we be booking accommodations? We are hoping to book for a week and do some day trips around this lovely area.

Thanks for any suggestions or advice!

15 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
11. Re: Booking accommodations

From Lyme to Newquay by public transport will take a serious amount of time. Have you checked flights from Exeter? That will be 20 minutes by train from Axminster, get off at Cranbrook, or take a direct taxi from Lyme at around £30.

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
12. Re: Booking accommodations

I checked Ryan Air (difficult website calendar wise), and Aer Lingus .....no flights from Exeter to Ireland, Newquay and Bristol only.

england
Level Contributor
6,691 posts
129 reviews
13. Re: Booking accommodations

Flybe is an airline based at Exeter and they fly to Dublin (and also Belfast but that is Northern Ireland). As they tend only to have flights up 6 months in advance visitors often miss that these flights are available.

Luggage allowances on flights like this may be lower than on international flights, check weight allowances and baggage sizes. Taxi to the airport would be the way to go if using Exeter.

Level Contributor
334 posts
1 review
14. Re: Booking accommodations

If you use Expedia you can quickly check routes from any airport. Even Bristol would be a better airport to use when travelling from Axminster than Newquay....

Guelph, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
9 reviews
15. Re: Booking accommodations

@buzzard 2000 Thanks so much for the information on Flybe...they didn't come up in my original searches. I was able to check flights in June. The calendar was easier to read than Ryanair. You are right about luggage allowances.....on all of these airlines you pay extra for a 20kg checked bag.Haven't booked anything yet.

@MazzardFarm Thanks for your suggestions. I agree Bristol would be better than Newquay. Exeter is even better! Taxi sounds perfect since there are 4 of us.

Reply to: Booking accommodations
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted